jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Football Fatality

1. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

Anyone following this manslaughter case against the HS football coach?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,546760,00.html

2. SweetiePie profile image86
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Well there are two sides to this.  Parents allow their kids to play sports in the heat, and coaches push their kids too hard.  If you want to keep your kids safe do not encourage them to play sports in the excessive heat, but some might think I am too protective.

3. tksensei profile image60

It's a complicated case. It may be that the young man's death had nothing to do with the football anyway.

4. SweetiePie profile image86

I am not taking sides, I am just saying some people are more heat sensitive than others.  I can handle hundred degree plus weather, but many people I know swelter just walking from their car in this type of heat.  However, to be on the safe side it might be a good idea not to let your kids play sports in the heat, and several kids have died here in Southern California from the same type of thing.

5. tksensei profile image60

If the parents do decide to let their kids participate it seems a little 'off' to then arrest the coach.

6. SweetiePie profile image86

I do not agree with arresting the coach on this one.  Several kids died from playing sports in the heat locally, and I never remember the parents prosecuting the coach.

7. tksensei profile image60

Somewhere a lawyer is smiling.

working