Conformation Is A must

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image61
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

I understand most of you believe you know where I stand politically, that doesn't matter. I'm trying to get article writers to write on the above title.

It may be a Democratic or Republican administration, do you not want anyone advising our President to go through a CONFORMATION process? You can call them a Czar, Advisor or anything else, they need to get confirmed.

Please check my Hub on Conformation and join me. I admit getting citizens to do this had been difficult and this may be against a Hub restriction, but this is important to all of us.

Forget your party affiliation, this is for our country. Richard Nixon started the Czar situation and that was against the Constitution.

Look at the salaries and power these people have, why?

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Supreme Court justices have to go through a confirmation process because they are appointed by one person - the President.

i don't think the President of the United States has to go through a confirmation process - he was already appointed to his position by the American people when they voted for him.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely, with the following addition:
        and baptized by the popular vote.

1. profile image0
          A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But it doesn't make him competent

1. profile image0

well

competent or incompetent, we voters put a president in office, exercising our privilege as citizens of this country. requiring the President to be confirmed sort of says our votes don't matter....

1. profile image0

We voters? I didn't vote for him! Yeah confirming an elected President would mean our votes didn't count.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

A vote doesn't make anyone competent. A track record of evidence helps establish it.
            Neither does a confirmation, for that matter. Evidence of competence establishes a pattern that the person will continue to be competent unless they are lying.

How strange that the public continues to be duped over and over on that one, eh?

There is no fool-proof way to establish competence except for the present and past tense. You can predict it, but you can't guarantee it.

But still, votes are a type of confirmation, despite the digression about competency. Seems redundant to add a "confirmation" on top of a vote, no?

1. profile image0

I see you got the smackdown from hubpages, I guess they didn't appreciate the humor?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
                Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Protecting endangered species.

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

If I got the smackdown, I must not have noticed or felt it, or found out about it.
                Really. I have no idea what you're talking about.

1. profile image0

your doggie thread was pulled or whatever

No clue what you're on to. Don't know anything about a doggie thread...

3. Harvey Stelman profile image61
                Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All taken care of.

2. Harvey Stelman profile image61

I'm talking about the Czars' and Advisors., don't you want them to be confirmed?

Appointments should always be confirmed. Agreed. (Although the process is rather constipated and filled with divas and actors, much like some forum topics here. LOL)

That's all I was talking about.

cosette,

This was not meant for the President, this is for Czars' and Advisors.

1. profile image0

ooops. sorry about that.

neutral

well in that case, i still say no. while their responsibilities are important, i don't think they are as grave as those of a Supreme Court Justice.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Do you mean confirmation?

1. profile image0

What do you think he meant?

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think he meant what he wrote.

subconciously?

1. profile image0
            ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he's a contortionist.

Thanks Tex, I needed that.

2. profile image0
      Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Freudian slip?

http://www.haverford.edu/psych/ddavis/p109g/fslip.jpg

I went to high school with Freud, he was a dork like me. Do you want in on writing about this? It's a subject that should be difficult to not want in on.

3. Harvey Stelman profile image61

Spelling mistake, my fingers are having a meeting to correct these mistakes. Do you feel ALL Advisors should go through the process? Would you like to write on this? I'm trying to start a movement against this ever happening again, the party does not matter.

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Louis Tully: Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you.
    [the courtroom is in bewildered silence]

Egon: Very good, Louis. Short, but pointless.

From Ghostbusters II

Very insightful.

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I will need to speak with my attorney on this matter. It is above  my payscale to answer it myself.

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

This czar thing is not new. FDR was the first American president to appoint czars. Since then, some presidents(including W) have had a lot of czars whereas some presidents (Carter, Ford) had few or none.

If you look at this list of the presidents' czars you see see they are almost evenly mixed between those who are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Congress and those who are appointed by the president.
    I am sure a political scholar can explain why some are confirmed and some are appointed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U. … anch_czars

Nixon was the first to state these appointments. Confirmation is all I am concerned with. Why should everyone need someone to explain these things? Aren't you smart enough to understand it, if it is written clearly? I think you are.

6. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

This czar thing is not new. FDR was the first American president to appoint czars. Since then, some presidents(including W) have had a lot of czars whereas some presidents (Carter, Ford) had few or none.

If you look at this list of the presidents' czars you see see they are almost evenly mixed between those who are nominated by the President and confirmed by the Congress and those who are appointed by the president.
    I am sure a political scholar can explain why some are confirmed and some are appointed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U. … anch_czars

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)