Does Obama lie?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (66 posts)
  1. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago
    1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

but he looks so gosh-darn handsome and charming when he does it, so who cares? big_smile

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would lol  Hi cosette and thank you for the thread smile

2. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Don't all politicians? Next question....

3. Real Estate Lady profile image61
      Real Estate Ladyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are his lips moving?

4. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course they all Lie, it is called Political Science 101 Taught at Yale, Harvard and other elite schools. A degree requirment for Electoriate Confirmation later in life!!!!

Jon in Nashville

5. Tackle This profile image58
      Tackle Thisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here's the sad thing; when Republicans lie it's the devil to pay. When Dems lie it's no one's business. Fair and balanced? Not!

In my next comment I am going to make the "left" look stupid.  I am a Christian and proud to be referred to as an "Evil right-wing extremist" after all we are responsible for most violent crime in the U.S.  I am facetious and "you," my friend are stupid. God save the USA.  *By the way, one of my new t-shirts carries the exact same message.

Here's another:  11/04/2008 was NOT about history having been made.  If it were, the honorable Alan Keyes would be seeking re-election.  Ewwwwwww, something smell awry here in the old Bi, and bi...thank God we still have some folks like (A Texan) to help keep things straight -- no pun intended. LOL. You're a great American Tex. God bless ya.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Of course he lies. And Bush did. And every politician does. It's a professional requirement, ya know smile

1. T_Augustus profile image60
      T_Augustusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL  My sentiments exactly!

2. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Everyone has lied before and many will lie again.

3. loveofnight profile image74
      loveofnightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

since perfection doesn't live here i'm sure we all do

3. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 14 years ago

Forget 'politician' how 'bout 'human being'?

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have a point. smile But some human beings manage to stay out of it most of the time. Those are a bad fit for politicians. smile

1. qbanmamiof2 profile image60
        qbanmamiof2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My sentiments exactly Misha. smile

2. T_Augustus profile image60

Great point!

4. beth811 profile image77
    beth811posted 14 years ago

Men are all liars. It is one of the passages in the Bible.

5. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

hello you.

you're welcome smile

i don't know where people got the idea you were banned. maybe because of all the bannings going around, heh.

who cares, welcome back!

6. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

It would be easier to find cases when he didn't lie......zero.

1. T_Augustus profile image60

See, even when we finally find a common ground where we can agree...Republicans have to find a way to be confrontational anyway.  Geesh!!

2. atomswifey profile image56
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL too true

1. jiberish profile image79
        jiberishposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He will not raise taxes on the middle class:  Hummm

The Associated Press

Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2009 | 10:20 a.m.

The Senate is backing away from a health care tax that would have affected consumer products like contact lenses, thermometers, condoms _ and even scented maxi-pads.

Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus says he will exempt consumer products costing up to $100 from his proposed $4 billion-a-year tax on manufacturers of medical devices.

Republicans were heaping ridicule on the revenue-raiser, calling it a tax on Q-tips. The tax on industry won't go away, however. It's meant to help pay for a sweeping plan to expand coverage and try to tame increases in medical costs.

7. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image59
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 14 years ago

American public is busily engaged in finding fault with their President. They may cast their sight on other social, economic and other political evils also. By concentrating only on the President, other evils may continue unchecked. American government should limit the press and avoid comments on the head of the government.

1. Misha profile image62

I almost peed my pants lol

1. lrohner profile image69

Misha, I'm not usually on here this late. Do they all come out at midnight?  smile

1. Misha profile image62

Did you mean Presidents or loonies? wink

lol

2. zadrobi profile image61
        zadrobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotta love it.

2. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great idea... roll

What time does your flight to Venezuela leave?

1. zadrobi profile image61
        zadrobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*Chuckle* I don't think I've seen authoritarianism preached in the forums yet. What a treat.

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Tonight it is relatively quiet, prolly some bans are still active lol

Seriously? This is quiet? I've seen more spammers and loonies than I have in a very long time!

1. Misha profile image62

Join the club and come more often smile

LOL! These old bones have a difficult time making it past 10:00pm, Misha! And now that I see the prize, I realize I'm better off going to bed early!!! smile

9. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Instead of calling him a liar, let's just say he's forgetful.  He forgot that he knew anything about funding Acorn, He forgot that Wright spoke hatred for years in his church, He forgot that Van Jones was a communist, and He forgot what he did with the stimulus money.   smile

Jiberish, I think you should run for office! smile

Never!  I would clean house and probably get assassinated first month. smile

1. tksensei profile image60

But on the upside, you'd probably get a lot of high schools named after you!

Jiberish High......Hummmm

Yup, Jiberish for PREZZIE! Woot! You go girl! smile

2. tksensei profile image60

At least a lot of schools would finally match their names!

Jiberish for president....should have been the last election's slogan.

2. rsmallory profile image68
        rsmalloryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

'Jiberish 2012'-my new bumper sticker!

10. tksensei profile image60

Wasn't it?

And still is....."I"...."I"...."I didn't know"....."that"...."that"......

11. profile image49
    MotherBobposted 14 years ago

From MotherBob, my reply: If he have to lie, it's because the way everyone is jumping on the President what else is there for him to do, and where were you when Bush both of them was doing the same thing and got us in all this mess in the first place...So give the man a brake, and let him at least do his job, he came into a mess and it's up to him and us to get out of it, remember his slogan, YES WE CAN.....

Un-freaking-believable ...

The president HAS TO LIE because people oppose his positions? So just shut up and get with the program?

I'm sorry democracy is so distasteful to you. There are lots of other places where you might find a form of government more to your liking...

I read this and opted out of commenting for fear of being put in time out.  TK, thanks for saving me.

Glad I could be there for ya.

2. Misha profile image62

Not to side with MotherBob, but democracy is very distasteful to me, be it soviet or american or even european...

But what would you prefer?

1. Misha profile image62

That's a good question, which has no answer so far. According to Plato, the next step will be tyranny, and all speaks towards him being right. sad

I personally still trying to work it out. But working premise is that democracy pretty much showed it is a BAD thing during 20th century. smile

If that's what you believe, you'd better hurry up and figure it out.

1. Misha profile image62

It all comes in a due time smile

2. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well Motherbob, he was in the senate so he helped create this mess! "Yes we can't"

12. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

Um... he hasn't really done anything but hang out on t.v and talk a buch of crap about change and such and blah blah blah - he really hasnt't done any of it the only thing I have seen him actually acomplish besides screwing things up further was too take his family on a trip to Paris and go on vacation does he lie? oh you bet he lies - lies and goes on vacation smile

13. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

The dialogue here is just enormously keen.

14. tksensei profile image60

Best of luck to ya.

15. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Thank you sir smile

16. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Woo Hoo I'm not grounded anymore!

Welcome Back! Yippee.........

1. profile image0

Longest 3 days of my life, you know how hard it is to keep my opinions to myself?

2. Misha profile image62

Welcome back smile

1. profile image0

Thankya, thankya very much

D'ja get any new tats in the joint?

1. profile image0

Nahhhh, but I met a lot of nice people on Craigslist Rants and Raves and then proceeded to cuss them a lot!

2. profile image0
            cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg haha lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)