jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

I got this phone call...

1. atomswifey profile image69
    atomswifeyposted 7 years ago

Ok so I got this phone call about a survey on some of the issues facing my state and too the nation.

Here is how it went:
    We would like to ask you for your opinions on issues facing your state and the nation.
    Press 1 to accept.

Intrigued I pressed 1

Ok and thank you!
    We are now going to ask you a series of questions.

Question one: What is important to you at the present time regarding
    A. health care or
    B. over spending of in your state government

I chose B

Ok and thank you
    question two is now related to your first response

Would you rather
    1. lower your states spending which could Stop funding to schools and education
    2. raise taxes or
    3. accept the stimulus money from the government?

I ended the phone call right there as it was completely bias. In that I mean, there was no other choice given. And I was appalled that they implicated those not for state over spending would contribute to the lack of funds for education which is not true, and does not have to be!
    But besides this,
    can anyone here think of some good option 4's?

**on a personal note I think the left is really grabbing for straws, and this tactic of psychological oppression is in my opinion, low, very very sneaky and low. (And as a Christian woman I was being careful in my words there, though my thoughts ran elsewhere.) smile

2. blue dog profile image79
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

please state where you gathered the information that this phone call was from the "left."

if you can't, then try to control your religious hypocrisy from flowing forth into your political hypocrisy.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well said.

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol the 'left' is guilty of EVERYTHING ! As it's not always right. big_smile

1. viryabo profile image87
        viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Damn Right!

3. nicomp profile image62
      nicompposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't see any hypocrisy.

pl. hy·poc·ri·sies

1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
         2. An act or instance of such falseness.

3. Mark Knowles profile image62
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Deary me. I did not realize she was spreading her ridiculous beliefs outside the religion forum.

And it would appear that being a "christian woman," means "think one thing and say something else." Still - I think we already knew that. Hypocritical through and through.

AW - Really - please keep your hate-mongering confined to the irrational beliefs forum.

Thank you.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

From where you stand with your persistly hollow posts: I come from the Left.  Please be assured that we (those from the Left, North, South, East and West) have absolutely no recollection of wasting our resources on having you participate in a Survey.

However, we remind you that the 'caller' did identify themself as Warehouse Manager of Aunty Betty's Fruitcakes and stated that he was merely seeking the whereabouts of a consignment of missing fruitcakes.

The person who answered the telephone in this instance (we assume you) was asked two questions as follows:

"Do you know the whereabouts of our missing consignment of fruitcakes? If yes, please press 1 to continue." 1 was pressed.

"Are you prone to A: High Self Esteem or B: Full Blown Madness?"
    The caller has advised that option 'B' was indicated as being the most appropriate for your situation.

Kindly Desist from making unsubtantiated claims in an effort to mislead the forum public with irrelevant allegations and ensure that any fruitcakes within your possession are returned to Aunty Betty forthwith. hmm