jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Should Tony Blair become President of Europe?

1. retellect profile image80
    retellectposted 7 years ago

I wanna know what you think guys. I think not. here's my hub with all my reasons smile http://hubpages.com/t/db76c

1. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Tony Blair was a good prime minister and served more than one term. I don't think he'd be interested in filling that role or a similar role again. smile

1. BritFun profile image22
        BritFunposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think he'd LOVE to do it. He's desperate to do it.  I wonder if he'll get the chance...

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago

Tony Blair has served for two terms.. it is good. But the world will not forget him for his legacy on Iraq war. His only good thing he has done in No.10 is to fathering a child. If he becomes President of EU, he will do it again.

He has a commitment to settle the Iraq problem... so better let him be the President of Iraq.

3. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Absolutely not.  The only thing he would do as EU President is waste a lot of tax payers money on his living arrangements and security.

It is an unelected post, therefore totally undemocratic and shouldn't exist at all - especially if its only function is to bolster the egos and bank balances of the likes of Anthony Blair

4. FreeGamesAddict profile image59
    FreeGamesAddictposted 7 years ago

Who cares, its not like the president of Europe actually does anything.

5. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago

Tony may better fit the post of President of Iraq or atleast UK's ambassador to Iraq. He should not be let away from the Iraq problem till it solves itself.

6. sannyasinman profile image85
    sannyasinmanposted 7 years ago

He wants it and he will probably get it. He has charisma and a still a modicum of credibility. In any case, does he have any real competition?

7. Jonathan Janco profile image82
    Jonathan Jancoposted 7 years ago

Personally, I think they should just bring back Gorbachev and get it over with. I think a liberal communist would fit well with the EU's current policies.