jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Why are people always freaking late!!!???

1. topgunjager profile image59
    topgunjagerposted 7 years ago

Ok, I don't get it, everytime we gotta meet someone they're never on time!!! They know what time they have to meet with you but they never seem to care. I'm in the movies right now, my friend and I are supposed to meet here at 6 like we discussed, I come here at the movies at exactly 6, I call her up and she had the nerve to tell me that I should've called her before I left home se we can be at the theatres at the same time, she hasn't even taken a freakin shower yet. Now I have to wait here for her stupid for about an hour. Why are people like this???!!!

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Why don't you choose your friends better ? big_smile

2. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 7 years ago

Nothing turns me off more than an indisciplined person. If I have to meet someone and they are not there on time, I assume what type of  respect they have for me! At least if I respected someone I would take them more seriously!

3. lrohner profile image87
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Has no one ever heard of being 'fashionably late'? smile

4. drej2522 profile image88
    drej2522posted 7 years ago

many people procrastinate...

5. topgunjager profile image59

Its not that I need to choose my friends better, some people are just like that. I'm just curious to know wht's on their mind when they know they gotta be somewhere at a certain time and they choose not to.

6. Rehma Jamshed profile image60
    Rehma Jamshedposted 7 years ago

Maybe dates just dont want to exhibit their eagerness.

7. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

Perpetually late people annoy the crud out of me so when I have to meet someone I set the time up. If we are to meet at 6 I tell them 5:30. I also make sure that I get there at 5:30 just in case they are early for once but so far I haven't had a problem because no one has even made that time. LOL.

My sister and daughter are like this and we always tell them an hour ahead of schedule for family events that way they get there on time.

1. drej2522 profile image88
      drej2522posted 7 years ago in reply to this

have they caught on yet or do they apologize for being late?

8. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

if all of your friends are always late... it sounds like a respect problem to me. there are times when we are late, but all the time is a gross lack of respect.

9. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 7 years ago

LOL, so far no one has caught on yet and if they do happen to arrive after the event is to start they do apologize. If they arrive even after the time we set for them they apologize. It's just something we have to deal with when it comes to them.

As to what people are thinking, they don't. A perpetually late person has their timetable on a different one than yours. Once you find out they are this way all you can do is make adjustments because no amount of trying to retrain them is going to work.

10. topgunjager profile image59

Ok she's here, I really want to choke the crap out of her, I'll try not to.

working