jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Let's Play "what if".......Obama/Hillary - version 2.0

1. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

Ok...for all the people that voted for Obama, if we could rewind with what you know now, would you still vote for Obama or vote for Hillary this time around?

I'm really curious to see who would switch votes.

I didn't vote for Obama so I can't answer this sad

But, if I did, I would probably go with Hillary, just because I know Bill Clinton would basically be the VP.  I trust his judgment out of Obama or Hillary, honestly.

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 7 years ago

I just saw a poll about this same question yesterday. Hillary would win now, according to the poll. Can't remember which group did the polling.

1. TimTurner profile image80
      TimTurnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh really?  Thats interesting that they actually polled people about this  haha

3. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 7 years ago

Are people even scared to admit they voted for Obama??  haha

1. 60
      Sheila watsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

now, seriously i think all those who voted for Obama just wanted change and i ask what was his campaign all about? i think that goes as far as responding to your question on the voters and Obama.

1. Himitsu Shugisha profile image77
        Himitsu Shugishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Anytime you use the word all when describing a group of people your argument is already flawed. I normally like to refrain from political and religious discussions because people tend to only hear their perspective, but I will respond to the question.

Yes, I voted for Obama. And no I didn't vote for him simply because change was a catchy tagline. And no, I would not change my vote for Hillary today. I think she's a very good secretary of state. And I think Bill is a very good ambassador. And I think our President is doing a fine job - less than one year in.

1. 60
          Sheila watsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, i understand but when i said change, i really did not say so cos that was his campaign slogan what i meant was people  had grown tired and needed something fresh you know. And me saying all, i didn't mean everyone preent at the time. Really nice perspective from you though.

4. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

When you say, "all the people who voted for Obama" that includes Republicans like myself who don't participate in Democratic primaries but who do vote in presidential elections and who did actually vote for him.  So, either you are actually only asking this question of registered Democrats as it pertains to the primaries, or you are assuming that anyone who voted for Obama would vote for Hillary had she been running against McCain.  If the latter is the case, then, no, I would not vote for her for president.

Obama is a year in. He is not doing any worse than any other president would be, and, in my opinion, at least he may actually give a shit and mean what he says, whether he makes mistakes or not. I'd rather have him make mistakes well intended than some angry a-hole working the agenda for their puppet-master.