Limbaugh, others fall for fake Obama thesis quotes

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (34 posts)
  1. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

Rush Limbaugh, Michael Ledeen and other partisan hacks hyperventilated about a supposed quote from Obama's thesis. A little research later determined it was fake, a post on a satire site, but not before Limbaugh went on the air, foaming at the mouth about Obama, "this little boy," had no respect for the Constitution.

Reminds me of those hyperreligious idiots who think The Onion articles are real, and send out urgent "alerts" to all of their list members.

It seems Republicans these days are more than happy to believe myths about the man, any reason to fuel the fires of hatred against him.

1. profile image53
      gator1185posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I listened to that whole radio show that day and I remember Rush stating the fact that they had no verification that the quote from obama's thesis was true or not and later in the show he himself stated that it was found on a satire blog.  And you can't say that I am a republican hating on democrats because I am a democrat defending the truth of what was actually said.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Was it pretty much the same, but from the liberal side, at the Bush times? If my memory serves me, it was even worse. wink

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's allways the same and both sides cry foul and accuse the other party of unethical behavior. They both claim they don't do it.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

political hypocrisy at it's best.

Aren't our leaders just great citizens? NOT!

lol  lol

1. profile image0

It's a lame stupid game.

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree.

And, that's why I do not vote or haven't voted yet....no one has convinced me that they would do a half-way decent job.

2. livelonger profile image86
      livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope your memory is good enough to cite specific examples? smile

1. profile image0

You're not serious, are you?

Misha seems to remember Democrats hyperventilating about satire about Bush (presumably) and I certainly don't.

1. tksensei profile image59
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course you don't.

Please refrain from personal attacks.

1. tksensei profile image59
                tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope you didn't think that was one.

2. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't Dan Rather get fired by CBS for reporting lies as news? Yes, yes he did!

1. LiamBean profile image80
          LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So why does Limbaugh still have a show? This is as bad or worse as reporting a gap in Bush's National Guard service.

Rather had researchers too. I didn't hear about any of them getting canned.

1. profile image0

Did Dan Rather OWN CBS? Rush OWNS his show, is he supposed to fire himself?

Rush paid himself $400,000,000? I don't think so. That was Clear Channel Communications Inc.'s Premiere Radio Networks. Maybe they should fire the racist arse.

1. profile image0

You may want to do a little research and see what he owns and what he doesn't, clear channel communications are owned by smart people, why would they get rid of their biggest earner? If it wasn't CCC who bought the right to be his network it would have been someone else.I'm done with the liberal hypocrisy now!

When are you going to be done with the wing-nut hypocrisy?

Bye bye now. Don't let the door hit you in the...

2. profile image59
            C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Rather knew of the mis-information. That was proven. Besides, is Limbaugh a member of the Media?

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I thought it was funny.lol  lol  lol

4. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Especially when the source Rush got it from was tagged satire smile

So not only is he "color-blind", but has a taste for the finer points of humor. roll

5. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Or this regarding Rush. I would have to see where Rush did this and see what the context in which it was said, the progressives love to lie, anything said is suspect!

http://lawblog.legalmatch.com/2009/10/1 … -limbaugh/

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910230019

He ignored the fact that it was labeled satire...

1. profile image0

You mean like Dan Rather and those responsible for reporting about Rush did? Are you seriously gonna tell me that its worse because Rush did it? Yeah, you probably will!

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80

The point is...he jumped all over it without checking his sources...something I'm sure he does all the time.

It shows again that some people will believe anything that conforms to their own feelings of what might happen or have happened. Both sides are guilty of this.

However, this is about Rush Limbaugh...

7. LiamBean profile image80
    LiamBeanposted 14 years ago

From livelonger's link.

"Producers for The Rush Limbaugh Show did not properly fact check..."

Pretty much sums up the "research team" on Limbaugh's program in a nutshell.

I remember how his "science advisor" went on an on about how a melting northern ice cap meant diddly since when ice melts the level of the water never rises. Of course the clown completely forgot about all the ice in Antarctica and Greenland...almost all of which is sitting on land...and should it melt WILL raise sea levels.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image80

I don't care if he gets fired or not, just don't make excuses for him because of what someone else did or did not do.
    It was irresponsible.

I doubt that the story about Bush was labelled clearly as satire...

9. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Are you responding to me? He won't get fired because its a commentary show, Rather was a Newscaster, liberals can't seem to separate the two. Thats why its real hard for me to take them serious.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image80

And then if someone like Rachel Maddow does the same thing about a future Republican president or politician we can all say...well, Rush Limbaugh did it in the past so it is okay...

I'm all for him not losing his radio show and being heard everywhere so most people can finally realize that he is an opinionated hack...

Sounds reasonable to me.

A LYING opinionated RACIST hack.

2. profile image0

Why don't you google Rachel Maddow and lies and see what you get. Rush isn't going to lose anything and will be around a lot longer than the Boy President. And that just chaps your ass don't it?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I feel better!

11. profile image59
    C.J. Wrightposted 14 years ago

Hate him all you want. He survived the OXY Cottin issue, you know he's going to survive this. If you hate him, don't listen. If you don't listen, how can you hate him?  Besides hating people is not a good thing to be involved in.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)