jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Didn't President Obama say........

1. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

he say he would open meetings and expose commitee's to the light of day to end the behind the door deals. What happened with the healthcare bill?

1. tksensei profile image59
      tksenseiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What happened is the democrats went behind closed doors and literally changed the locks.

Then they complained that Republicans are being 'obstructionist.'  roll

2. Lori J Mitchell profile image60
      Lori J Mitchellposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He lied.  Duh!  He would sell his soul to win...oh yeah...he already did!  Unfortunately, the price he got for it was paid by all of us.

2. bgpappa profile image81
    bgpappaposted 6 years ago

its online for people to read.  Everyone has given input.  Hearings are on television.  He can't do anything about meetings at congress.

It has been an open public debate for six months.

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the bill was constructed behind closed doors without anyone outside the Democratics present. So if I understand you correctly he has no influence over his own parties majority in congress?

1. egiv profile image74
        egivposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Would you prefer the bill were constructed in an open forum? Doesn't seem very efficient... The difference is that Obama puts it out to the public before going through with it. I think the level of transparency under the Obama administration is unheard of in most other American presidents, let alone in other countries. If he weren't so open to criticism, it wouldn't matter what people like us on this forum say.

How many important bills did Bush make public before passing to allow the public to judge it for themselves? Certainly not all those that allowed the government to tap our phones...

LOL! Oh, it's not efficient? Yeah, that's just what he talked about on the campaign trail. LOL!

3. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

That's not the only thing.  Obama said Afghanistan was the good war. He can't seem to make the decision to send in the reinforcements that the general asked for to complete the mission in the good war.  There is now talk that it is Al Qaeda that is the problem not the Taliban - so does this mean we're not going to finish what we started in Afghanistan?

I really don't think he's up to the job.  Between his numerous bouts of golf and gym workouts where is he going to find the time to run the country and handle the international problems?

Clearly not

2. 0
      Madame Xposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In between all his speeches I guess

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Please don't let him let those patriotic Americans that have been killed and wounded stand for nothing.

5. 0
    Marc Salyerposted 6 years ago

The president said to the troops in Jacksonville last week, that he wouldn't  “rush the solemn decision of sending you into harm’s way...I won’t risk your lives unless it is absolutely necessary...And if it is necessary, we will back you up to the hilt.”

If your generals going public with their need for troop support doesn't tell you it's necessary you're probably not looking for direction from them.

No matter what Sneak- , American soldiers aren't dying in vain. There are scores of Afghanis and Americans who appreciate and mourn their sacrifices and that's the story history will tell.

6. 60
    C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago

Doesn't matter now...start reading the legislation. This congress can't be trusted. Read, write...spread the word.  This health care bill is a nightmare! And...NO you won't be able to keep your private coverage under all circumstances!