jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Tragic End

1. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

The young woman run over by her father for becoming 'too Westernized' died in hospital today...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, that is sad...too young....hmmmmm...

we can now see the importance of adaptation to a culture when you are in a foreign land, the father is really angry that the womans values had changed moving away form the Islam traditional values....it costs her life...sad indeed...

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image64
      GeneralHowitzerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aw thats is indeed unfortunate...

2. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

What does it say about culture and identity?

You should adapt a bit to the culture of the place you are going to and not compromising your identity. Values to human life is universal, cant understand why the father did that.....

It is inevitable that when you migrate to a place, you adapt some cultures like way of eating, behavior, language etc, You cant live alone and isolate yourself and not socialize. Life is easier if you embrace some of the culture in the place. It is to the best advantage of people who moved to a certain place to slowly adapt to the culture, they have no choice. In the process they could still attain their identity..

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image64

too much or excessive is no good... just like other says "If you are in Rome do what the Romans do...

Hi prettydarkhorse... wow shedding off your real identity nyahahaha... I prefer your horse avatar girl... I tied my lowest author score in two months hayz, I wish I could make hubs already hehehe yet still busy making grades of my students hehehe...

hi GH, oh I couldnt find my horse file again, some of files and pics were deleted unknowingly, my avatar will stay there till I chose another horsie again, like that horse of mine,,,,,

your a busy professor, hhhhmmm, hope you will be free of workload again soon, anyway xmas vacation is there, you can write more and more again....

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image64

Yeah I'm looking forward to that... sorry guys for veering away with the topic...

3. Laura Berwick profile image89
    Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago

I'm living under a rock in S Korea and was wondering if you could post a link to this story?

Thank you smile

4. Laura Berwick profile image89
    Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago

Ah.. found it. Wow...

That's really terrible.

working