jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is Obama only calling Ewe?

1. Willbeblessed profile image61
    Willbeblessedposted 7 years ago

Believe me when I say, I'm not writing this to be controversal; and neither is my male ego so large that I'm not willing to hear a reasonable and rational response, because I don't count myself to know all that there is to know about any subject, also I would much rather open myself up to ridicule and misunderstanding and possible learn something, than to keep my mouth shut for fear of rejection.  So hear me out, Essence Magazine calls it the "NEW BLACK POWER", what does that mean especially when black women, (historically in this country) have always been in closer proximity to the power than black men, so what's NEW? Are they sugguesting Black Power without the presence of black men, it is interesting that this terminology is applied when discussing black women as if black men have always been in positions of power and authority.  Does this "NEW BLACK POWER" include your fathers, brothers, and sons.  Except for the two black men that are in Obama's cabinet, a person could almost get the impression that he, (Obama), was attempting to be the only rooster on the farm. If this "NEW BLACK POWER" doesn't make a purposeful and determined effort to elevate black men then all "EWE" are going to see is the continuation of the proverbial Lamb to the slaughter, and that lamb being the Black Man.

Be Blessed, Shalom!

1. progressiveWiccan profile image59
      progressiveWiccanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

MY BROTHER WHEN BLACK MEN PAY CHILD SUPPORT, AS ALL MEN SHOULD.
      IF ALL BLACK MEN WENT TO COLLEGE AND STAYED OUT THE WAY OF A FAULTED JUDICIAL SYSTEM.
      IF BLACK MEN TOOK THE SKILL AND BUSINESS SENSE THAT THEY HAVE  INSIDE AND WITH NO COLLEGE AND USE THE INATE SKILLS ON BUSINESS VENTURES INSTEAD OF DRUG VENTURES.
      AND IF BLACK MEN MENTORED YOUNG MEN AS WELL AS THEIR OWN...WOULD YOU EVEN HAVE AN ISSUE TO DISCUSS?

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image72
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I really think that every time you write (I should say "shout") the phrase "black men" you need to be putting "all" or "more" before the phrase *every* time, and not just in one instance.

Otherwise you are saying that no black men do any of these things. Now I am not a black man (as you can see from my pic big_smile) but it seems to be me you are overgeneralizing grossly... don't you already have the media for that hmm

1. progressiveWiccan profile image59
          progressiveWiccanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

FOR A BLACK WOMAN, we distinguish between our men...ie, the players and the real brothers...not to be nasty at all but its a black thing, we know we have different types of men and we really know what the new black power is. SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA WEAR THE SHOES BEFORE YOU CAN TALK ABOUT THEM. BUT THANK YOU FOR BEING SO RACIALLY PC. AND PLZ FIND THE STRENGTH TO FORGIVE ME FOR USING CAPS. MY LAPTOP IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY AND I HAVENT HAD TIME TO GET ANOTHER ..I WORK 50 HRS A WEEK AND LETS BE REAL DO YOU REALLY THINK I WOULD STAND IN YOur FACE AND YELL AT YOU, SO WHY WOULD I YELL AT A COMPLETE puter STRANGER. NOW BABE, IM ON CALL AND GOTTA GO...MAYBE ILL BREAK THE HOSPITAL RULES AND GET THE TECH GUY TO SEE WHY CAP LOCK GOES ON AND OFF. I BET YOURE A LIBERAL,IM PROGRESSIVE NOT LIB..DONT GET IT TWISTED LOVE. ARE YOU INTO BLACK MEN AND I OFFENDED YOU?

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sheesh!

I don't think anyone should be worrying about how many black men Obama has in his Cabinet.   I think we should be worried about Obama's nasty tyrannical agenda, period.

Sorry if I'm missing something here, but all I see is you worried about how many blacks (whether men or women) get "in power"......

3. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

President BARACK OBAMA was invited to address a
      major gathering of the American Indian Nation two weeks ago in upstate
      New York . He spoke for almost an hour about his plans for increasing
      every Native American's present standard of living. He referred to his
      time as a U.S. Senator and how he had voted for every Native American
      issue that came to the floor of the Senate. Although President Obama was
      vague about the details of his plans, he seemed most enthusiastic and
      spoke eloquently about his ideas for helping his "red sisters and
      brothers." At the conclusion of his speech, the Tribes presented Obama
      with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name, "Walking Eagle." The
      proud President then departed in his motorcade to a fundraiser, waving
      to the crowds. A news reporter later asked the group of chiefs how they
      came to select the new name they had given to the President. They
      explained that "Walking Eagle" is the name given to a bird so full of
      shit it can no longer fly.

2. free4india profile image59
    free4indiaposted 7 years ago

I dont know much about this topic to reply but really wonder why not one else has replied since it is about 5 hours since you posted this.

3. SOBF profile image79
    SOBFposted 7 years ago

There are two problems with your entire debate. First and foremost is the fact that it originated in Essence, secondly true wealth is created via business ownership and yes black men still have the upper hand in that area.

4. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago

I don't think I'll ever agree that anything is "a black thing".....'cause if that were true, then there could be "white things" (white issues) and brown-skinned-people issues and olive-skinned-people issues and reddish-skinned-people issues, etc.....all based on skin color.....wow....isn't that usually labeled "prejudice"?

working