jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

And where are we?

1. tksensei profile image61
    tksenseiposted 7 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572857,00.html

There is a brave, persistent opposition in Iran that represents at least the hope of freedom for the Persian people and significantly greater peace and security for the world.

And what is our spineless, dithering president doing to support and encourage them? The same thing he did to 'earn' the Nobel Prize - nothing.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Wow and did you hear of that Math whiz kid who directly opposed the Iranian cleric leader? wink amazing! he has offers of sanctuary from other countries smile let's hope the people take their power back and rebuild their country a good way that is peaceful for the world.

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

That would be amazing!

4. Flightkeeper profile image72
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Perhaps nothing is better in this case. At least he's not supporting communism like in the Honduras.

1. tksensei profile image61
      tksenseiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good point. Quite a standard he's set for himself.

5. tksensei profile image61

I've met a lot of Iranian people over the years and they've always struck me as being well educated and very straight-forward and honorable.

I had a student years ago who had gone on a 'goodwill' exchange program to study in Greece for a year or two. While there he converted to Greek Orthodox. I met him in the US as he was seeking asylum because at the end of the program Greece wouldn't let him stay and by law if he ever sets foot in Iran again he is to be beheaded.

BEHEADED

6. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Wow.... I can never forget the image Bush reading a kindy book after 9/11..... yikes
    At Least Letterman wanted to interview our PM. smile

7. tksensei profile image61

What's a kindy book?

8. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

When he was (officially) notified of the 9/11 attacks, he was at the time speaking to either pre-schoolers or first graders. 
    He was so blank that he just continued reading a kiddies book.
    kindy = pre-school.

In NZ, we (our public) find it hard to understand the political scene in the States. We tend to just accept the US Presidents and just criticize our leaders! lol

working