Why did Obama involve himself in NYC Politics?

1. Friendlyword profile image59
    Friendlywordposted 6 years ago

I think President Obama cost Bill Thompson the Mayoral Election here in NYC. He did not endorse him or campainge for him. He actually praised the Governors possible Opponent for the Governors race next year. I think these actions are a little over the top. In his effort to be the Nations President; I think he threw these two Black Men under his bus to prove...WHAT?

1. Friendlyword profile image59
      Friendlywordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

He wants to prove he is the President of all the people so bad, I think he is overdoing it.  He doesn't want to be seen helping blacks in any way? These two men, and the people of New York, earned a little more respect than we got.

2. ledefensetech profile image81
      ledefensetechposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Friendly, if anything Obama has shown he's willing to throw anyone under the bus if they stand in his way.  Look at Jeremiah Wright.  He went to that man's church for, what, 20 years?  Under the bus.  Look at Van Jones.  Turns out he's an avowed Communist.  Under the bus.  Smart political moves, in my opinion, but they don't paint a flattering picture of the person he is.  I'm not even sure he threw them under the bus, those races were not, in his opinion, worth using the political capital.