jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

War in Iraq

1. pretty twisted profile image60
    pretty twistedposted 6 years ago

So lately there has been alot of talk about President Obama pulling out of this war, and then Gordon Brown sending in more troops. I somehow don't think this is fair in the slightest, why should our men die over a war we didn't start and simply bescause the PM has an attitude that basically is : We have lost this many now, why should we give up without winning?
    I think it would be a much bettr idea to remember those heros, and pull everyone else out instead of wasting human life! I just basically want to know what everyones views are on this issue?

1. TimTurner profile image80
      TimTurnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, if you did that, the enemy would be a 100 times more powerful in a few years and we would be right back there with a larger military presence.

Pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan is NOT an option and you will never see a President make that decision.

Iraq's pullout is happening slowly but if Iraq's government start to lose control, we will halt those plans.

1. rhamson profile image74
        rhamsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well you have to ask yourself who the enemy is in Afganistan,  The invaded or the invaders.  Having them at 100 times more powerful would certainly be bad in Afganistan.  We could certainly keep them on the run with covert operations and bombing them.  That would be the way they fight us.

Obama may surprise you and pull out anyway despite what an American President should do in your eyes.

The same thing in Iraq could be employed as I offered for Afganistan only it would be easier now that we know the terrorists and the country so well.

Maybe hunting down the loose terrorists would be time and money better spent than promoting an image counter to an invader while we occupy their country.

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too late. You're stuck there and you have to cope with it.
      Thinking beforehand is a good thing to do. Which hasn't been done.
      Why? Money call.
      Unfortunately oil is very important  to make the world machinery  work best.

1. rhamson profile image74
        rhamsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yea, the oil thing.  Most people still think we are there for the terrorism thing.  It does seem funny that some people still think we are there for the Afganis best interest.  Maybe we could get the oil people to pay them off because it would be a good investment for them.  Nah, it is much easier for big oil to buy some congressmen to get the military to do it.