jump to last post 1-22 of 22 discussions (29 posts)

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago

Given her abrasive nature, PROBABLY BOTH

2. rsmallory profile image85
    rsmalloryposted 6 years ago

I haven't read it yet, but I plan to. I think she rightfully has some scores to settle and am looking forward to it!

3. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Her book was a bestseller before it was even published!

4. rhamson profile image75
    rhamsonposted 6 years ago

Some of the reviews say it is a waste of time.  Too many empty topics are being offered in it.

5. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Obviously the reviewers were ignored.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Twilight was also a bestselling book...

Just because a book is a bestseller does not mean it is worth reading smile

1. Flightkeeper profile image77
      Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, but it does mean that there are many people who do. smile

2. lorlie6 profile image86
      lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Uninvited Writer, thank you...

7. Uninvited Writer profile image82

And...her book is not on this weeks Publishers Weekly bestseller list.

8. Ralph Deeds profile image70
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Now, here's a pair for 2012!

Palin-Beck Ticket? Sarah Doesn't Rule it Out

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:36 PM

By: David A. Patten
    It's no secret that former GOP vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin and Fox News host Glenn Beck share great respect and admiration — so their fans can be forgiven for wondering: Is a "dream ticket" of Palin-Beck ticket completely out of the question?

Perhaps not.

Palin initially chuckled when Newsmax broached the idea. But then she had some serious words of praise for the popular Fox personality.

"I can envision a couple of different combinations, if ever I were to be in a position to really even seriously consider running for anything in the future, and I'm not there yet," Palin tells Newsmax. "But Glenn Beck I have great respect for. He's a hoot. He gets his message across in such a clever way. And he's so bold — I have to respect that. He calls it like he sees it, and he's very, very, very effective."

1. 0
      Leta Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

God help us all.

However, I heard Palin's book is a best seller because Republican entities bought it up in advance for PR purposes.  I'd never buy it.  Reading excerpts, I sure, will be quite enough.

1. 61
        C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Much of the "Best Sellers" list is manipulated in this way.

9. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Glenn Beck is very effective in what he does.
    I've heard it said that Sarah Palin would make a good talkshow host, also.
    Perhaps she can take the hint and keep her aspirations where they belong.
    Palin/Beck as the Republican ticket? God help us ALL.

10. blue dog profile image80
    blue dogposted 6 years ago

amazingly, over forty million would vote for that, uh, well, that.

11. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Well we couldn't do much worse than we have now.

12. 60
    Wingbornposted 6 years ago

13. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Settling Scores no disrespect of course but I will never read nor purchase the book.smile

14. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I wish she would go away, her book would go away, and MSN would stop making me look at her picture (with whether she's on Oprah's show or whether the little punk her daughter went out with is coming for Thanksgiving dinner) when I go to check my e.mail.  mad  She's one big reason the last election just seemed like a giant circus - not a campaign for high office.

15. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I have no interest in this woman or her book.

16. pylos26 profile image77
    pylos26posted 6 years ago

Palin is doing anything she can to collect revenue...She seems one greedy ignorant female canine.

17. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Ummm...is anyone posting who has read (or is in the process of reading) her book?  Other than me, that is.

I got my copy from Wal-Mart today.  So far, I'm deeply impressed in a favorable way as well as gratified.  The "gratified" part is because I can actually tell myself I called it right.  My first impression of Sarah was that there were far greater depths to her character and capabilities than her skeptics/enemies/etc. recognized. 

The chapters I've so far absorbed do quite a bit to provide an oversight of the formative influences in her life from infancy through high school and a bit beyond.  I would think that some of the revelations therein might strongly encourage her supporters and deeply disturb her detractors.

Example?  Well, I'll select just one:  Far from being ignorant and uninformed, she's been a lifetime "bookworm" (as, admittedly, I have) since very early childhood.  Thus--as I strongly suspected and have actually proposed here in the forums--her being unable to give Katie Couric a list of "current events" publications was not stupidity.  It was, rather, that she'd simply not had the need to become deeply versed in foreign affairs (for instance) worldwide until moving from the Alaskan stage to the national stage. 

For those of y'all who'd like to comment back on my post, feel free, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow night (at best) to respond.  For tonight, it's time to sign off and read more of her book. 

So far, each page has made me increasingly comfortable with the idea of seeing her as the President of the United States.

1. blue dog profile image80
      blue dogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this is why our country is where it is today.

1. 0
        Star Witnessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  That is the WHOLE point:  SHE WAS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT OR VICE PRESIDENT.  And every action she has put forth since the failed campaign reiterates that she is incapable of what is needed to be POTUS.

18. Uninvited Writer profile image82

So...who wrote the book? big_smile

19. rhamson profile image75
    rhamsonposted 6 years ago

What I think of her possibilities for a successful bid for the presidency can be wrapped up by Bugs Bunny, "What a maroon".  I use the cartoon character to show what a joke the whole idea is.  If the Republicans did not learn from their last run at the presidency that smart and savy wins then their choice in Palin will be a joke on the party.

Personally I think she would make a great president ....... of the PTA maybe.

20. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Hmm....  Okay.  I still don't see any evidence that any of those commenting negatively have actually read Going Rogue.

As to the posts here, they seem to comprise a pretty comprehensive set of Uninformed Opinions so far.

As to who wrote her book, I've heard it was a ghost writer who is believed to be skilled enough to have written in Sarah's voice.  Who coordinated the information and conjugated the verbs, however, seems a tad less important than the nature of the actual information provided therein.  And (since I'm still seemingly the only one actually reading it), I'll mention this:

There actually IS information provided therein.

Since this does also appear to be a rather Dead Thread (define that as you choose), think I'll start another....

21. 0
    Leta Sposted 6 years ago
  22. Uninvited Writer profile image82

I'm reading a better book, George Carlin's autobiography Last Words.

1. 61
      C.J. Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I bet that is a good book. Hey, your avatar...its a painting? You paint it?