jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (19 posts)

So exactly what ARE we supposed to believe?

1. rsmallory profile image79
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jobs-sav … id=9097853

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/abc-news … id=9095621

If they can’t get this info right-how can we trust what they tell us about the healthcare reform bill? How can we trust anything they say?

2. ledefensetech profile image70
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

You can't.  Everyone involved with the bill is getting a payoff of some sort.  Everyone that is, except for the American people as a whole.  Why do you think they need young people to pay for insurance they don't need?  That's so the consumers of resources, namely the old and chronically diseased, will have funds available to them when they need it.  It's classic redistribution of wealth. 

The horrible part about the way that will be done is that young people will have their ability to make a start in life curtailed.  For the first time in US history, our kids will have things harder on them than it was on their parents.

1. Paraglider profile image90
      Paragliderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That started long ago. Except for the very few, of course.

2. mdburks profile image58
      mdburksposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So are the old and chronically diseased to be killed off?

1. SparklingJewel profile image65
        SparklingJewelposted 7 years ago in reply to this

we mustn't talk like there are no more good ideas to come forth...people/congress/presidents have just lost their nerve to stand against the elitist who run things

once the citizens stand up enmass with any politicians that are coming up with honest and moral ideas on how to do things, more people will stand up with them against the elitists

3. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree and let the old people fend for themselves.  The healthcare providers can house them all in massive rehabs charging the medicare system forever.  That way the young people can wind up the same way as they have not prepared for the same outcome.  Geesshh!

3. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

I am very surprised that mainstream media even covered this considering how far up Obama's butt they are.  But (no pun intended) better late than never. smile

More important, who's keeping track of the money?

4. ledefensetech profile image70
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

It's a matter of economics, FK.  If the fringe media doesn't cover it, they lose eyeballs on the screen and lose valuable ad dollars. Once again, the "evils" of capitalism come to the rescue.

1. Flightkeeper profile image71
      Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah it probably was money and competition, Led, it certainly wasn't pride in their job.  They were also tired of getting scooped by Fox News.

5. profile image0
    Denno66posted 7 years ago

Capitalism: my favorite four-letter word.

6. rsmallory profile image79

I am not surprised at the misinformation-it is everywhere: with the healthcare reform bill details and it's costs and of course with all the stimulus money. You simply can not believe what someone says, you need to read the fine print for yourselves. What makes me angry is this money was handed out by the fistful with no regard to who and when and where it would be spent, not to mention how these companies are reporting on it. Do you think the 'free' healthcare will be handled any better or differently?

1. Flightkeeper profile image71
      Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

mallory, it becomes more obvious to me everyday that that stupid stimulus bill is one giant crappy payoff to the dim party, the unions and their cohorts and we the people are all getting ripped off. And no "free" healthcare won't be handled any differently, how can it? The dims are now one big Chicago money machine.

7. rsmallory profile image79

I agree Flightkeeper. You know what scares me more than all of the things we've been talking about so far? Copenhagen in December.

8. rsmallory profile image79

as for the media-I think some of them may be catching on to the idea that FOX is so successful because they aren't sugar-coating things and maybe they should try it too.

9. Flightkeeper profile image71
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

Well whatever happens in Copenhagen, it would still have to be ratified by Congress, I think.  So let's deal with it then.  There's enough on our plate with China right now and I'm hoping Obama hasn't done anything to make us China's lackey, although it may be too late.

1. ledefensetech profile image70
      ledefensetechposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The good news, if you want to call it that, is that there is so much animosity towards the "health care reform" bill that few Communists will risk their seats in 2010 by voting for it.  In essence, Obama bet all of his capital on this "reform" and there just isn't any left over for these massive takeover programs of his.  The Senate will never ratify anything that comes out of Copenhagen.

1. sannyasinman profile image59
        sannyasinmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have read that he can get the Copenhagen Agreement through by signing an "Executive Agreement" which does not require ratification by the Senate. Is this correct?

10. hacsar profile image55
    hacsarposted 7 years ago

I sincerely believe we no longer have news organizations. We have PROPAGANDA machines. None of them are objective about their reporting. They pick and choose what they say and what they show to support the group they favor.

Blogging seems to be a better source of information. At least most bloggers make it clear where they stand on something instead of trying to deceive every one about the truth.

hacsar

11. mdburks profile image58
    mdburksposted 7 years ago

I for one believe we do not want public health insurance that is mandatory. If you don’t believe this then think back to 1972 or was it 73, when Auto Insurance became mandatory. I was paying 68 dollars a month for full coverage with a 20% deductible if the damage was more than $500.00 I paid no deductible, this was before it became mandatory. After mandatory insurance came into affect my rate went to $212.00 a month and that was just for liability.  So think very carefully on what we allow then to pass!

working