jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What Sentence Should Heroin Traffickers get?

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I come on here today to watch a big time heroin trafficker bleat on about how all child abusers should be sentenced to death for the misery that they cause the families of their victims; and their victims. This coming from a man that has made money from publishing works about his time in prison for heroin trafficking, and who states inside of those books that he had no remorse for his own actions and intended to carry on smuggling these deadly drugs. Christopher Chance served 2 years in that prison, how long should he have got?

It is sad seeing supposedly intelligient people on hubpages engaging in a debate, and providing valuable publicity for, such an odeous - hideous - man. I wouldn't put heroin traffickers too far below peadophiles - their crimes are not as visually horrific, but the physical and mental destruction is of a similar level. That heroin has killed peoples children, has torn apart families, so congratulations hubpages on entertaining such a beacon of light on this site.

Careful who you give a helping hand too, I can see he has won 'fans'. The man shouldnt even be out of prison.

2. Make  Money profile image69
    Make Moneyposted 6 years ago

I agree, 2 years in prison for heroin trafficking is clearly not enough, especially when he has no remorse for his own actions and intends to carry on smuggling the deadly drugs.  People's lives are totally messed up from heroin just the same as they are messed up from pedophiles.  Like pedophiles, it looks like Chance is a repeat offender too.  I read the whole thread on pedophiles but I didn't comment because I don't know what the solution is.

1. 0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps 'The Snip' would be one option for those that are candidates for rehabilitation and reintroduction into society.

3. EmpressFelicity profile image84
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

There's another way of dealing with drugs like heroin... and that's to make them legal, but with strict controls over how they're produced and sold, and whom they're sold to (i.e. nobody under the age of 18). 

It wouldn't do away with drug-related problems, but it would deprive drug barons and traffickers of a massive financial incentive.  Plus if you tax drugs you can use the revenue to fund rehabilitation schemes.