Afghanistan Relativity.

1. tkrawfor profile image61
    tkrawforposted 6 years ago

Do you believe that Energy equals mass times the speed of light squared?

That little equation, once proved, made nuclear fission a reality. And many of our fellow American brothers and sisters who not only fought in 'Nam but also Cambodia and Laos and are currently members of the intelligence community  should know better than the rest of us that today in the world somewhere there are nuclear devices and materials no one has been able to account for. And Central Asia is much too unstable a place for any sane society on Earth to ignore.

But even if none of the above were at all true, then consider the fact "life" and living beings which some Americans claim to defend so prodigiously indeed remains in jeopardy in Central Asia whether we stay or not.

A corrupt government and the mess we made when we told Charlie Wilson back in the Eighties that no one cared about the region once the Soviets were defeated, are all very serious omens. Omens that predict a certain near future of pain, misery and war not just in the region, but what could easily prove to be much more "world" inclusive.

For those Americans who have already made up their minds, I'm sure these words are meaningless. But those of you who think with your own mind, you all should know this:  This world of ours is small and growing smaller everyday. There is no place to hide anymore: no place to go and take care of our own.

The poorest parts of this world must be rebuilt and the people living in poverty, anger and the constant threat of civil war in those areas cannot go ignored. For if they do, from their pain will come a fire that will eventually consume us all: rich, poor, Democrat, Republican or Vietnam Veteran Independent.

The human race can still very easily and with the best of intentions, destroy itself.

And all we have to do is look the other way.

A Few Words From

2. Leelin profile image60
    Leelinposted 6 years ago

I can see this world as we know it ending sometime soon. It wouldn't surprise me at all. I have to say I look forward to what comes next after the "end".

3. Hmrjmr1 profile image79
    Hmrjmr1posted 6 years ago

A very good post. I have to say as I qualify in many of your categories, I have recognized this area of instability and the hazards it creates. I wrote about some of this in my hub … nistan-War
    and plan on doing a part two after tonight's address. Getting it right is even more imperative now than it was 20 or even 8 years ago (though we lost some good opportunities back then) but we have to look at now and the future and do it right. I hope we can.