jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Senate health care bill will pass.

1. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Latest news is that Nelson is on board. In exchange for his vote, he'll be getting perks for his state.

What do you guys think about this?

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wish things worked differently, but unfortunately this is how most people operate.  Tit for tat.

As for the bill, well, it's going to be changed through reconciliation anyway so I'll reserve judgment until then.

2. Presigo profile image61
    Presigoposted 6 years ago

Yes this is the unfortunate  fact of how things get done in D.C. , trading votes for some form of politics. Unbelievable but true !

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I dont like the idea of "buying votes" - no matter which side does it. I know it's how things are done in DC, but I still don't like it.

4. Karina S. profile image59
    Karina S.posted 6 years ago

Happens all the time in DC.

5. Presigo profile image61
    Presigoposted 6 years ago

We have permitted our politicians to trade our fate for personal gain. We continue to put these people back in, other than hearing as complain at them occaisionally there is no cosequence, what we control is our vote, that is your only leverage. In Nelson's state calls are running 3 to 1 against the bill, but..........  where does he go with his vote ?

6. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

It is unConstitutional to buy votes for bills...we the citizens have allowed it to come to this by continuing to vote these crooks into office...but not anymore for me and millions of others that are getting a clue to what is really up and are willing to make the changes that need to be made.

One of the many first changes is who to vote for. Pushing for adherence to the Constitution is a must in who to vote for...

7. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

It's a total disaster.  And down the road the cost to fix this disaster will be much higher.

This bill does nothing for Americans except FORCE YOU to Buy Insurance.

This bill is going to cost Americans more jobs as employers are penalized that can not afford to absorb the new taxes.

People can already buy insurance.

This is a huge boon for the Health Insurance Industry profits.

And to accomplish this gigantic pork stuffed bill of more than 2,000 pages all kinds of back end deals were made at the expense of the Tax Payer.

So how does this help Americans who are not insured?  It doesn't?

Forcing people to pay more taxes, and buy insurance isn't what was promised by Team Obama...

But on the plus side, after this disaster the Democrats don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of being reelected.

Too bad the Republicans have nothing to offer as an alternative. Had the Republicans at least offered something they might have been able to kill this tax on the people.

Not one Republican vote of support.  Republicans pulled 47% of the Popular Vote in the last Presidential Election.

Party Politics is never good for the whole.

8. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The LAST 20 years have been nothing but a political mess. And, that's just the last 20 years. Nevermind, the garbage that went on before that.

This is getting absolutely ridiculous and out of hand.

9. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

It is hidious what Nelson has done.  I grew up in Nebraska and know it to be basically a grounded state whose citizens trust their elected leaders to serve the best interest for them and the nation.  This bill does neither and most of our politicians have made a career of such rather than see their election as a duty on behalf of the people.

10. goldenpath profile image81
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

This is part of the reason why I have decided to run.