jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

What's actually in the Healthcare bill

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 6 years ago

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … amp;f=1001

I'll play nice if you guys will. 

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

people have been too busy with Christmas to play with you???!

you know, what bothers me most is that I will be expected to pay for something that I won't use...unless for accidents. if I could get an arrangement that would pay for accidents only as needed and reimbursed me accordingly if I had none...I could go for it. I don't like being dependent on others or them me.   I live a wholistic lifestyle and haven't needed a doctor for over 30 years (except for childbirth which was midwives I paid out of pocket for)...there are so many other natural alternatives that prevent the major expenditures of health care for people these days...its a waste of my hard earned money. We haven't' even heard what they may try to do to alternative modalities...the Big pharma has been trying to get all kinds of things passed to get rid of natural forms of healthcare...absurd

the other thing is why should my taxes be used to pay for things I feel are morally unacceptable...won't go into that here...or pay for the healthcare plans of government people when their plans are  "too good" for the American people to share in...that is just elitists bull shit..smile

did you know that the stats on how many government people there are on payroll has gone up exponentially in this administration...absurd

same story, same dance as the financial systems, etc...get government out of controlling my life and taking my money smile

William R. Wilsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL hard to believe I know.

I can't argue with this too much.  Someone made the point on another forum that insurance only makes sense for things that are high cost but low probability.  Since everyone will need health care (what are you going to do when you get older, or if you get in a serious accident?) insurance seems like a bad way to pay for it. 

You shouldn't have to pay any additional taxes for this.
        From the article:

2. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago

Like SparklingJewel I don't want to be forced to pay for some money mongering scheme.  I have never had health insurance and I paid for all my hospital visit monthly until it was paid off.  No one else that has health care paid for that as they lead you to believe.  Most times I did not get a discounted rate. I have learned to *listen* to my body and not do what it doesn't like.  I was given this body to learn from it and about it and to do things with it, not some doctor or pharmeceutical company whose only purpose is to fill us with chemicals that do not belong in our bodies in the first place.

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Merry Christmas, Lady G smile

I hope you have had a quiet one. I have. Quiet with lots of snow...two foot accumulation so far...and actually the last hour or so it seems to be melting fast, temperature having gone into the high 30s.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image59
        Lady Guinevereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Last week we had over 16 inches of snow.  Early this morning is when we got freezing rain and prevented us, along with my husband's bad cold, from going on a 4 1/2 hour trip to his sisters for Christmas.  At about 3 this afternoon it finally changed to rain and the snow will be melting away in the next day or so.  It is now 5:30pm and I am making a Christmas Dinner I had to create from what we have here.  We ususally have the big dinner at his sister's house.  Don't have a Turkey or a Ham, but had some nice thick chicken breasts, some cranberries and rice a roni chicken and rice.  I have a can of turkey gravy and hubby just decided on Baked Potatoes instead of mashed.  Our finances are way low this year and our attempt to get re-financing fell through so we couldn't get any presents for each other.  Ha! I went to Michaels and got my daughter's their presents from the 10 items for a $10.00 and we got some small clothes baskets and filled them with winter vegetables and fruits for their Christmas gifts.  So today was a quiet day in front of the roaring fire in the fireplace and movies all day.  I even got to take a nap.  Since we are not going anywhere my husband's 3rd job called and he is working the overnight shift tonight.  We really need the money!I wrote him a Christmas letter and sent it to his e-mail as his Christmas gift. 
        Back to the topic--My husband's office cannot afford to pay for spouses helath insurance and like I stated above I don't really want to pay into something that I may never see the money againa dn I DON'T succumb to FEAR tactics of the What If game they play to get my hard earned money--that we don't have.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years and hoping it is a better one than last. It got so bad after Thanksgiving that I shocked myself when I contemplated suicide for real.  Mind you I did not go through it, but I hit the bottom and felt no other choice was possible.  It upsets me when I even read what I was considering.
        I am still here!

William R. Wilsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lady G. I hope the reforms will help you and your husband.  I know that my situation will improve because of it but I'm wondering if my (everyones) premiums will go up.

3. flread45 profile image83
    flread45posted 6 years ago

That health care bill sucks for all of us,and Merry Xmas to one and all.
    Lady G's dinner sounds ok with me,as I have had less growing up..
    And don't let the world get you down,as things will pick up when we elect a republican back into office hopefully..

4. Lady Guinevere profile image59

I wrote a hub about the health care industry here in America.  My husband needs a preventative test to be done only we didn't have any doctor visits to speak of last year and doing so he was to pay all $1200.00 of a deductible only he also pay over $300.00 for his health insurance they take out each month.  Now we cannot afford to pay that and the test itself would only be that much.  It is a rip off!  The hub in question would be:  (I am not self promoting, but only spreading information)  http://hubpages.com/hub/THIS-IS-INSANITY

He didn't get the tests done and I doubt he will this year.  Ticks me off in a BIG way!

5. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

as long as the repubicans continue to get their political act and values straight...back to constitutional values and laws...they MAY get my vote...otherwise I will go with who has proven his Constitutional convictions

6. Lady Guinevere profile image59

IMHO, the premiums are paying to line the pockets of the insurance companies.  The deductibles are paying for those drugs they give everyone without finding the root cause of the problem in the first place.  The don't want to do that because if we really did that then there would not be so much of a need for those synthetic drugs they pour into our bodies that cause more problems then they solve.  We are paying for everything outright by that assumption.  Then we pay for it every month for a very long time.  Now I can do some math and if we don't ever need to go to the doctor's then we pay for all that and it does add up to LOTS and we never get it back.  A money scheme!  There have been people that tell me that all the insurance is lumped together to pay for another persons's needs, but not if you do the math and you see the way they get thse who don't have insurance to pay for their services.  It's all another scheme to get our money and it doesn't go back into the economy, it only goes to feed the rich again.

7. johnb0127 profile image77
    johnb0127posted 6 years ago

Whats in the healthcare bill? A bunch of crap!

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

not even the republicans and democrats know the consequences of this bill yet and yet we know it is doomed already, isnt this a representative country where the local reps are the ones we voted and make laws, are there anymore respect for them as lawmakers?