jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Didja catch TIME's person of the year?

1. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 6 years ago

Turns out TIME decided to name Ben Bernanke person of the year.

A Federal Reserve chairman being in a governmental position is a rather intriguing issue alone, though with Geithner in the White House as well it's not all that surprising.

But really...naming the chairman of the Fed, an entity which had more to do with the economic collapse than anything as person of the year?

The guy who refuses to tell congress where the TARP money has went?

The US Treasury needs to go back to the hands of the public and away from a privatized corporation.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Maybe just goes to show where priorities lay? tongue lol lol

3. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

A clear indicator of who owns and runs the media.

Reward the ARSONIST for burning down the house.

Ron Paul has created yet another Bill... this time not to abolish, but to audit the fed.

Look at all the Democrats who voted against it:

http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/au … e-hr-1207/

Why would ANY Representative vote to keep the Federal Reserve a secret? Think about that next time you vote!

The American people have a right to know how their currency is manipulated and who is benefiting.

The public bemoans a $1 Trillion Health Care Bill... which I am also clearly against, but is completely in the dark about the $1.25 Trillion the Federal Reserve just spent to buy Mortgage Paper.

Bernanke refused to explain where the $500 Billion currency Swap went to... this fall.

Everything the Federal Reserve does they do in SECRECY, but it's YOUR money.

The Fraud has persisted for almost 100 years completely unchecked.

Bankers are doing next to nothing (Aside from creating inflation and spending your money by the Trillions) and are doing it with complete autonomy.

Why are Americans so stupid they let this continue, and worse they vote into office people that keep the Secret Veil.

Expose the cockroaches to the light, let them scatter, then smash them.

Give America back to the people.

1. lxxy profile image60
      lxxyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Completely agree! I just wrote to one of my reps in my district about HR 1207 and S 604, but two out of three (1 dem, 1 rep) have already endorsed them.

The secrecy behind this useless corporation must end. They were erected supposedly to guard from economical collapse? And...how many depressions and recessions have we been through since 1913? We gave them almost a hundred years, it's time we let them know it's enough.

What seriously drove me up the wall was Alan Greenspan stating that there is no governing body that has any authority over their actions.

4. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

I sometimes wonder whether the Time award is a sort of in-joke.  Fancy guessing who won Time's Man of the Year award in 1938?

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It better not have been Adolph.

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
        EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Got it in one:

http://www.time.com/time/personoftheyea … /1938.html

And I've just realised that they gave it to Stalin in 1939.  A sick joke just got sicker.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

The person who is named Time's Person of the year is the person that has been in the news most, not the person who has done the most good...

1. EmpressFelicity profile image83
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I see LOL.