jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

new research on carbon emissions

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

this just came in my email today...check it out...what do you think?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … s_ss=email

2. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

Definitely interesting, and potentially promising for a solution. If we keep planting new trees and restoring native grasslands, we may be able to keep the terrestrial ecosystem's ability to absorb carbon dioxide steady.

In case you weren't aware of it, though, expecting the oceans to continue absorbing our excess carbon dioxide is far more dangerous.

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
      SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would love to be able to understand specifically what all that information means smile...but the last paragraph seemed to sum it up...no one is absolutely positive what is happening and what may happen in the future.

But I read nothing about algae and other green plants of the ocean...(that i know of, at least I didn't read the word algae anywhere (did I?).  so what about it? doesn't algae have a lot to do with the condition of the oceans? photosynthesis and all that? doesn't that help?

and what about the other pollutants that are dumped in the ocean from cities and businesses and ships and such...how big of a factor are those forms of pollutants?

3. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

We are carbon based life forms. The Human body is 18% Carbon.

If you tell a guy on the Street "Carbon Dioxide" is bad they will buy into it.  People have such a limited understanding of anything scientific.

What is Carbon Dioxide?

Carbon Dioxide is the gas we exhale at the end of each breath.

Carbon Dioxide is the gas that plants use in a process explained in most Grade Schools called "Photosynthesis".

Plants use sunlight, water, and carbon dioxide to grow.

Carbon Dioxide is absorbed by plants... so maybe the solution is to stop letting Oil Companies destroy South American rain forests.  Or maybe we should plant more plants? The ocean is full of microscopic plant life.  Maybe it's time to stop polluting the Ocean?

The number 1 consumer of fossil fuels is the United States Military Industrial Complex.  Any plans to cut back there? Did you know before a jet can land on an aircraft carrier they jettison whatever fuel is on board directly into the ocean.  Yep, they just dump it straight into the Ocean to reduce the risk of explosion should the aircraft crash.

Or maybe, just maybe we should stop listening to Fear Mongerers and follow the money to see the real agenda behind the Global Warming Fraud.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Global-Warming- … lete-Fraud

What is very clear about "Global Warming" is the people behind the movement are in it for the money.

If this were about saving the planet, we would be addressing Pollution.  And Co2 is not pollution.  We would be working to stop the exploitation of natural resources on behalf of Corporate Profits. The leaders of the movement would not be setting up back end companies for their own self profit.

Exxon paid NO Punitive Damages for the Exxon Valdez oil spill.  Texaco destroyed the Ecuadorian Rain Forest, then just left.

C02 is the easiest gas to demonize because it is so prevalent.

Thank You for posting this article.