"Labor, elected leaders seek affordable health care": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

Again, this process will likely take a VERY LONG time, but HOPEFULLY, there won't be a complete breakdown.

2. MikeNV profile image73
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

In a communist Government everything is MANDATED.

Mandating coverage is not coverage and does nothing to control costs, the opposite effect will occur.

Having worked for one of the Largest Health insurance companies in the industry I have a unique insight as to what really goes on.

Anyone who understands an actuaries job knows that the entire concept of "Insurance" is managing risk pools.

When you tell a company they can no longer create risk pools they are no longer "Insuring" they are budgeting.

The Entire Bill is a disaster. Nothing good will come of it.

What's next are they going to FORCE doctors to participate in the "Care" of the additional 15 Million patients expected to be Mandated in to Medicare?

They don't have enough Doctors now because the payment for services is too low.

Doctors have to keep an enormous staff on hand to keep track of records, and are at huge financial risk from law suits.

Doctors are simply going to opt out of Medicare.  What will be left is a handful of Doctors and more patients than they could ever hope to see. This will effective LOWER the QUALITY of Care.

I'm not against "fixing" Health Care.  But this is not a fix. This bill is a complete Disaster and in infringement upon Rights and Liberties.

There are plenty of abuse and waste in the system.  But these issues are not being addressed.  The only thing happening in this 2,000 page monstrosity is Big Brother telling the public what they will now be FORCED to do.

Insurance companies can and will raise premiums.

Ever try to get a procedure covered?  It's going to get much more difficult.  And more claims will be denied.  And the Insured is going to face an uphill battle like they have never experienced before.

When you raise prices in Corporate America those prices get passed on to the consumer.

3. h.a.borcich profile image61
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

The problems with healthcare in the US is multifaceted.

One part of it is the malpractice lawsuits. It needs to be scrapped and redone to arbitration. Rather than have lawsuits to make lawyers fat and happy, arbitration allows for those wronged to be compensated. Currently we learn little from the medical mistakes, so they are repeated and repeatedly covered up.
      Look at it this way...
      Medical malpractice affects apx 100,000 people in the US a year - the equivalent of a 747 going down every other day which is unacceptable. The airlines have to report near miss situations to be reviewed by engineers to improve. If we had such set up for medical near miss - it would be more effective for all except the lawyers.
    The CEO for Mayo Clinics had been a speaker for some of the healthcare reform meetings and presented this very well. Here is a page to it - click on the Cspan link.
    http://healthpolicyblog.mayoclinic.org/ … ress-club/
      No doubt healthcare is a mess. I am considered uninsurable having the most expensive cancer to treat according to the actuaries smile My 1st year costs were $450,000 aprx and each year it takes about 40 grand in surveillance and treatment. So I try to keep up with this. Holly smile Just my opinion.