jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Women in the military. Your opinion

1. devilpupwood95 profile image60
    devilpupwood95posted 6 years ago

Okay, so i am a Devil Pup. For you who don't know what that is it means when i turn 17 i'm swearing into the United States Marine Corp. I am a female, clearly, duh. But I want to know what your thoughts are for women being in the military.

For Boys&Men: Do you view military women different then civilian women? Would you date/treat a military woman the same? Do you think it makes her more powerful?

For Girls: Would you allow a woman in the military to be your best friend? Would you trust them the same? Would you look at them the same? Or would you look at them as more manly and kinda shun them?

I want to know what you guys think. I have only known military since I was a baby, I even attend a Military Academy for high school. So to me, that's normal, but i know alot of teens my age don't look at me the same way. So i want to know! Please give me your opinion.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I take it you are all of 16 if you will be signing up when you turn 17, and that is so young. Have you the benefit of your Mom's input with this major life decision?
         My son signed up when he was 18, and came of age while serving in Iraq. As his Mom, it was the longest 18 months in my life. I can not even imagine having a daughter serving in a war at 17. It is an honorable, but difficult life.
         Please be sure of yourself and your choices, glad you are asking others for input. Holly smile

1. devilpupwood95 profile image60
        devilpupwood95posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am actually going on 15. I come from a military family. My mom was going to enlist in the Marines, but she had a newborn under 3 years old, and a spouse who was deployed, she supports me 100% This has been my dream since i was about 8. My dad is in the army but loves the fact i am going military, and my grandfather was in Vietnam, my uncle was in the Marines,My other uncle, and aunt was in the Air Force. So I am completely surrounded with military, so that's why I am looking for other peoples input, because they all support me and see nothing wrong with it.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

then I suggest you say this is a joke, because you're not allowed here under 18.
          Or delete this account and come with one new.
          I wouldn't like you banned.But maybe someone will report you.

2. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

I have a friend who retired as a captain in the air force.  She's been writing online for years.  Suggest you start with this site and move to her other writings:  http://www.angelfire.com/ok/4equity/captbarb.html

and where's "rmcrayne"??? She needs to answer this...

3. devilpupwood95 profile image60

thanks, I will definitely check it out! smile

4. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Welcome to hubpages, DPW and thank you for wanting to become a Marine. I appreciate the sacrafices that you will make. Good luck to you. And in my opinion if a friend of mine wanted to join the military I will support her 100%. smile I'm married into the military myself

5. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

nothing wrong with women in the military as long as its for the right reason. If its to pretend to be powerful then no because its not a game when bullets and mortars are flying but if its because of a sense of patriotism and honor its all good. But yes SOME military women do seem more assertive and kinda sexy. Be prepared because big SGT. Martha's gonna try to break ya by calling you pretty girl and pretty bitch( not that you probably are - i'm just saying). Your pic reminds me of Pink ( must be the cool hat) although I don't know how tough she is but she's definitely got charisma!

I'm married and twice your age so don't take that 'pretty' comment as hitting on you - again i'm just sayin'!

6. devilpupwood95 profile image60

Crazdwriter thank you very much, and that's great. Military spouses are the main reason our military men and women stay so strong. My father is in Iraq right now, and i know how much he depends on my mom for emotional support.

Mel: your exactly right. as I said i attend a military academy myself, and we only have 11 females and most of them are there for the guys. You can also tell because when we PT or when we are marching, they are always the ones to mess up and fall out. Lol and I understand. lol and i get that alot. But you should see my mom, she has Pinks hairstyle and everything, she looks dead on her.

Thanks for your guy's opinions!

1. 0
      Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I hope your dad comes home soon, DPW! *hugs* to you and your family for being so strong for your dad right now as he fights in Iraq

7. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

I see nothing "wrong" with it either.
    I'm just old-fashioned (yep, there's still a few of us around)  and think it's more a man's job and duty to both provide for the family and protect the nation.

But that's just me.
    Hey, you didn't really ask for women's opinions....you said girls and boys/men.

But I hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

8. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

You're other pic was better but had I known I was talking to someone fourteen about to turn fifteen rather than someone about to turn 18 I would've  probably refrained making that comment about 'pretty' bi#ch .. you should really  watch how you portray yourself as it really could get people in trouble as Tantrum said.