jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

are we, as a people, completely alone in the struggles of everyday?

1. facemans39 profile image61
    facemans39posted 6 years ago

The reason why I ask this, is because so many folks in this country truly beleive that life is nothing more then a series of pop-quizes.  The ones that were never studied for. I am here to tell you that I have been through and pooped on, locked up and messed up, just to name a few. This is more then just a gut trying to make his mark in theworld. It's so much bigger then that. We face these common elements every second of every day. Why not face them together? It's not just a t-shirt company, but a infectous way of life. What do ya'll think?

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Please elaborate.

...People do often help each other face things.  But at the core of things, we're all individuals with many different goals in life;  unless you mean religion's ways of forming groups, etc., with a common goal at times.....

2. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is that your little girl?
      She's a dollbaby!
      If she is congrats! :-)

2. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

sometimes i think we're alone in our struggles, but then i help people, which means they are not alone. but for the most part. i have had to deal with stuff by myself my whole life. most people don't give a flying f***

1. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm a "foster" kid.
      My parents split and were seldom seen again.
      Everything I've accomplished in life was done "alone."
      I know from experience where you are comin' from.
      As I say in my "Hub" profile: "I AM ALONE!"
      ...and that's the way I prefer it!

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

You said it cosette. No point me repeating more of the same smile

4. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Not sure I understand you point Face. And no, we are not alone, we help and hurt each other along the way smile

6. jfreemon profile image59
    jfreemonposted 6 years ago

We're never alone. Society works in a way that people who have a similar cause will band together.

For an immediate example, look at Hubpages. We all write over different topics. Some of us write about global warming, some about search engine optimization & websites, and some about solving world hunger.

We all have different goals. But we share a common interest. We all want to know a little more. We all want to do a little more. We all want something that is related to something else wants.

This is why places like Walmart work. People who want to buy cat food may want to buy perfume. People who buy alcohol may want to buy nuts. People who buy bacon may want to buy eggs. The list goes on and on and the intermingling is never done.

Before I begin to ramble like I always do, we're not alone. There's an unconscious consciousness that we all take part of and share. It's just bringing one topic to light which seems to be difficult sometimes.

7. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

in my spiritual studies through the years, I have come to know and believe that we are all connected at a higher level of consciousness and help each other there...its not always conscious.
    but knowing that connection exists and having come to recognize it and feel it has helped me a lot when I have had to do things physically alone
    to know that I am not alone, even when I am physically alone has come to make a big difference in my life smile