jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Moderate Muslims Speak Out

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image72
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years ago

Muslim imams have issued a fatwah saying that an attack on North America is an attack on the Muslims who live there:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/100109/c … ted_states

1. mintinfo profile image84
      mintinfoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for stopping by my hub. When I heard about it I found it to be a significant step for Muslim Americans. There may have been some sentiments toward this stance within the Muslim community before but I never heard it in the mainstream news before. That is why I was inspired to write a Hub about it as you are to post it in the forum.

2. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good for them.
      I'm sure not all Muslims are terrorists.
      However, with their typically anti-Christian rhetoric in general, I do reserve the right to not really trust their motives.

AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, knock me down with a feather

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Sorry, this won't be news. It won't confirm people's prejudices, it won't raise anxiety levels and it won't sell newspapers.

It's good that you pointed it out though.

AdsenseStrategiesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I will be interested to see if it is news in Canada. I think it probably will, partly because it is a story from OUT of Canada. And there is a strong tendency for Canadian media to pounce on Canadian-made stories (go-figure). Also, of course, anything to do with Islam and/or terrorism makes for good copy here, as it does everywhere...

3. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 7 years ago

Muslim leaders in the Detroit area which has a large Arabic community have repeatedly condemned terroism since 9-11. They demonstrated last week against terrorism in front of the federal court house while Abdulmutallab was being indicted.

working