jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

"China overtakes Germany as biggest exporter": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image32
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100110/ap_ … hina_trade

OK, but when will they stop forcing ideas down people's throats and stop manufacturing substandard products? Until they don't that, they're not trustworthy.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

agree but then countries will market their products and trickle down to the consumers, countries and the World Trdae Org, should do something about it, good morning fish, Maita

2. RKHenry profile image80
      RKHenryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like good business practices paved the way.  Cannot fault them on that.

2. Unkotare profile image60
    Unkotareposted 7 years ago

Who is forcing ideas down people's throats?

3. Unkotare profile image60

What should the WTO do?

well, they should force China to produce products which are good quality..

1. Unkotare profile image60
        Unkotareposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Force them how? And who decides what is "good quality"?

all the nations who are members of the org, well they have to do something about it...

almost all nations are members of this org and stakeholders are big importers and countries like the US etc,

4. dyonder profile image78
    dyonderposted 7 years ago

In all reality, why should they. They've become rich (and I may be totally off base here - I am not an economist) off of the sales of sub par products because they are cheap. They are cheap to make, cheap to sell. In our consumer society it's the perfect fit, at least until digital formats break free of the 'entertainment' molds. Once that happens we'll definitely start seeing some interesting things, as well as redistribution of power.

5. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

China is a communist country where the people have no freedoms or rights.  People are NOT paid a living wage. This is slave labor plain and simple.

Communism is ANTI GOD.  Communists are Atheism.

If you as the average american if they want to be communist or not what do you think their answer would be?

So why do people keep buying Communist Manufactured goods?

Why are Americans supporting the Slave Labor Anti-God Regime?

Is slave labor really a good business practice?

6. Unkotare profile image60

The Chinese government is very, very far from acceptable, and there a great deal of poverty, but talk of slave labor and no freedom is a bit overdone in my experience. Things are actually improving there in many ways.

7. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

Really "overdone".

And what is it about $.49 per hour labor does not qualify as slave labor?

And what are there "freedoms"?  Can you provide a list?

I have a friend who is a Chinese Medial Doctor.  Trained Orthopedica Surgeon.  Left China.

In China he didn't decide to become a surgeon, in school he took tests and that's what they made him become. That's pretty free don't you think?

Communism is ANTI FREEDOM and ANTI GOD and supports FORCED SLAVE LABOR those are the FACTS.

1. Unkotare profile image60
      Unkotareposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm no fan of communism, but I lived in China for years and the great majority of people I knew made their own choices (within a limited spectrum of opportunity) and lived their lives pretty much like people anywhere else. How much money one makes is a relative measure based on the economy and every one of my students chose their own major. Many of them are now entrepreneurs. I'm not saying everything is cool in China, but it is not exactly the boogeyman some would make it out to be.

working