jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

"Married Couples Pay More Than Unmarried Under Health Bill": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image31
    fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago

http://finance.yahoo.com/insurance/arti … ealth-bill

"The built-in "marriage penalty" in both House and Senate healthcare bills has received scant attention. But for scores of low-income and middle-income couples, it could mean a hike of $2,000 or more in annual insurance premiums the moment they say "I do."

WTF? This is the latest wrinkle

1. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hmm maybe they should get divorced and live together.

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image31
        fishskinfreak2008posted 7 years ago in reply to this

OR PEOPLE SHOULD STAY SINGLE

2. 0
    Justine76posted 7 years ago

crap. thanks for that....it just keeps getting better....

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

There is still a lot to learn about the ins and out of this bill but a quick look tells me that a savvy married couple could start a small home Ebay business then let the small business buy the insurance off the Exchange and receive a tax credit up to 50%.  This tax credit will apply to any small business with fewer than 10 employees earning less than $50,000 a year from the small business. 

I know I'll be looking for the loopholes when and if the final draft comes out.

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good thinking.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Patty. 

Here is something else we should consider about the proposed bill; it's been stated there is a bad loophole in the bill that allows insurers to charge employers more for not having a wellness program. Well, in my mind having a wellness program is a must. It costs the employer between $70 and $130 a year per employee but on average saves the employee nearly $400 a year in related medical costs as well as the additional premium costs.  So by spending an extra $1.50 to $2.75 a week on an employer they can avoid the higher premium charges.

4. Unkotare profile image60
    Unkotareposted 7 years ago

Not surprising, as this fits the real agenda...

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Really, I thought the real agenda was to abolish Hot Dogs, Pizza and Soda Pop in America.

1. 0
        Brenda Durhamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And apple pie.

But indeed it IS all part of the liberal agenda.
        In particular Obama's.

I take it you didn't see him on tv months ago telling a young man that conservative parents/grandparents' ideas were "old worn-out" notions basically and all that crap?
        His goal is to "fundamentally change America"....those are HIS words.

5. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 7 years ago

fishskin remember when I was bitching about this ? I am glad to see you waking up !

6. sooner than later profile image61
    sooner than laterposted 7 years ago

it does not surprise me. look at all the welfare fams avoiding marriage because the free bennies would cut once they do. more babies daddy's more kids, more degenerate civilization relying on the gov. right where the wing wants them.

7. mel22 profile image59
    mel22posted 7 years ago

dissolution of the " establishment of marraige" has always been the agenda of liberals who make these bills.

1. sooner than later profile image61
      sooner than laterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yep. don't get married, sit on your fat butt, mate with different daddy's, eat off my labor, pop some zits, watch the tube, whine about what you don't have, plug your toilets and enjoy the ride.

I would love to fork your bills.

working