jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is the TOTAL freedom of expression via internet okay?

1. Ron Thinks profile image61
    Ron Thinksposted 6 years ago

What I mean to ask is, at this day and age when technology is at the disposal of any person, is it okay for ANYONE to comment ANYTHING about EVERYTHING?

1. double_frick profile image81
      double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i think total expression should be okay even face-to-face.
      confrontation and/or honesty just make most people uncomfortable.

its easier to go on the internet where you do not really risk any physical altercations and you can have a blase attitude about people since you don't know them in real life and most likely never will. though this shouldn't justify people taking it to an uncivilized extreme.

i find that often times people are too confrontational, but also too sensitive on the internet. its just the internet, after all.

1. Ron Thinks profile image61
        Ron Thinksposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great point. I don't want to comment on my own question yet. But let me stress out the fact that EVERYONE is entitled to opinion, even UNeducated opinion on every possible issue. This comes without fact-checking or evidence. Most people base their opinions on emotions. Is this something that we should allow as a society?

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Opinions already exist online even crap terrorists spew neutral I say sure as long as it isn't inciting riots, crimes against others tongue lol lol