The United States Of Obama

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (72 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image62
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

At least that's what he thinks it is. Our people have been very slow to understand him but his polls keep droping. Everything he has wanted has gone down in the polls.

With this happening, he makes like everyone loves him (except FOX). I finally understand he only cares about himself.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
    Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    Thomas Jefferson

I think he knew something.

1. Angela Blair profile image68
      Angela Blairposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's two of us, Harvey -- I agree!

1. profile image0
        Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

X,

I guess you're with me and Angela.

2. Harvey Stelman profile image62

Ang,

Thanks!

2. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think what you say has a lot of merit to it.  Too much government intervention is a problem especially when it comes to moral and social woes.  These problems must be handeled by the individual and worked out by society.

The election of a President is a vote for leadership and the electorate give that person at least four years to prove their results.  Unfortunately this may not pan out in the long haul with lousy results.  Unless Obama flagrantly breaks some laws and can't defend his actions as a result there is little that can be done.

I think rather than the constant bad mouthing and critisism of Obama the Republican Party is doing to undermine him, they would be better served by coming up with a better candidate to defeat him in the next election.  If the security of the nation is compromised seriously or the economy doesn't bounce back and the health care is a sham or the jobs are not improving,  I think that will be ammunition enough to defeat Obama.  The Republicans through the tactics they are employing now are getting a reputation as cry babies and poor sports as well they should be minus attacking the issues and not the inuendo.

GOP get a candidate we can get behind and quit your whinning!

Rham,

The Republican's are doing what the Democrat's did; why is that wrong? The Dem's won the last election because this man with no accomplishments said; "CHANGE!" The people that voted for him had no idea what change meant.

There will be many good (R) candidates next election, wait and see.

After Obama loses his 60 vote Senate, he will have nothing. That's what he has anyway.

3. falcon64 profile image60
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

He knows every things....give job to unemployed in order to have a secured life. Take a look the hungry people as a whole!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said!

I think.

1. falcon64 profile image60

Do I say?....smile

2. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Say that 3 times real fast.

1. falcon64 profile image60

I can't.... they will fired me.

Tex,

Did you understand that?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61

Quit picking on Tex! mad

Ron,

I'm not picking on Tex, we agree on most things.

2. profile image0

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad joke!

3. Harvey Stelman profile image62

falcone,

We're losing jobs!

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree too.

..It just makes me sad that his numbers have dropped because of financial reasons and "big government";  I mean that that seems to be the main focus in America...
      I'd rather the moral/social issues played a role in that too.....
      but oh well,  whatever issues it takes to bring him down from his high tyrannical horse.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

mmmmmmmmmm, bacon.

Homer Simpson

1. creepy profile image57
      creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

your still special

cre,

Special what?

mmmmmm intelligent!

3. Dao Hoa profile image59
    Dao Hoaposted 14 years ago

Good quotes, Harvey.

Hoa,

Thanks, you have chosen the RIGHT side.

4. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

And when the next Republican President gets in office, what will the Forum titles sound like? big_smile

Denno,

Lets see whom it is, and what they stand for. I could be against or for them.

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, that is reasonable. big_smile

We'll never know.

1. profile image0

lol

Ron,

I'm waiting for an.... Oh forget it.

3. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wanna bet?

1. profile image0

Ron is in denial.

Tex,

I think Ron likes Denno's pic a liittle too much.

Yes, Yes I do.

5. aware profile image65
    awareposted 14 years ago

anyone hear about the obama christmas ornaments?

1. profile image0

Cheney's shriveled goat sacks?

6. aware profile image65
    awareposted 14 years ago

i wont post the punch line . i was told the joke today . it is really bad and beyond racist

1. profile image0

Oooooh, yeah; not a good idea these days. lol

7. aware profile image65
    awareposted 14 years ago

what does that word mean?

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

weak - in common parlance  also feverish  -  feverishly weak about describes it

1. profile image0

Feverishly weak and easy to tweak. Or Hijeak. big_smile

8. Coolpapa profile image67
    Coolpapaposted 14 years ago

With everyone obsessing about Obama's poll numbers, it is
    interesting to look at Bush's numbers one year after reelection in 2006. Keep in mind that he simply took over his own first-term mess not something like Obama has had to deal with.
    The last number is Bush's unfavorable number (all above 50%) Even our self Proclaimed God had poll problems!

AP-Ipsos 2/6-8/06 -57%
    Pew 2/1-5/06 -52
    NBC/Wall Street Journal 1/26-29/06 -54%
    Time 1/24-26/06 -55%
    ABC/Washington Post 1/23-26/06 -56%
    FOX/Opinion Dynamics RV 1/24-25/06 -51%
    L.A. Times/Bloomberg 1/22-25/06 -54%

cool,

You can't compare one year to a second term. By November Obama will be lucky to be at 40% favorable.

9. aware profile image65
    awareposted 14 years ago

ty .  cool word. but not # 1 there are a ton of week forum ?s that perform very well. like last one to post. its never ending drivel.

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, but since it never claimed to be relevant . . . or even really ABOUT anything it isn't in the running. . . only threads that CLAIM to be saying SOMETHING . . .lol

1. profile image0

big_smile

aware,

Why are you here multiple times?

10. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Everything that rises must come down. Has he started falling after going past his peak?

11. aware profile image65
    awareposted 14 years ago

i just posted a forum topic . is it in the running ? lol .

12. XtineTheWriter profile image59
    XtineTheWriterposted 14 years ago

Harvey has hit the political nail squarely on its presidential head.

X,

Don't I wish.

13. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

Hmmm....

I'm really trying to figure out where any substance is behind this thread....

Harvey, I wonder where you have been the past 20 years....

Dick Cheney alone has done more to undermine democracy in the United States than arguably any other single person....and yet I don't read your complaints....

Stack these two men side by side and your concerns about Obama pale....

The Department of Homeland Security alone...not even looking at the Department of Defense, has increased the control and role of government in the United States to unprecedented levels....and enabling powers (Patriot Act, etc) that few have ever had....all the while Cheney pushes for more, and greater executive power and priviledge....and he criticizes Obama....

It is one thing to be partisan, it is another thing to put concern where it is truly deserved.....

I would rather have a president who has helped working people, like backing workers in Ecuador fight their lawsuit against criminal activities perpetrated by Coca Cola, than one who seeks to undermine labor, like George W. Bush during the most recent International Longshore and Warehouse Union contract negotiations.....and like Richard Nixon...

Much, if not most, of Ronald Reagan and George Bush (1 and 2) policies have come from the likes of the Heritage Foundation and worse.....

It is one thing to complain, it is another to do so with, evidently, very limited insight....

It is unfortunate...

Mike, Have you noticed Cheney is no longer in office. I don't write about the past, the present and future are what really counts.

The CIA & DOD are not doing more, I cannot give my personal source. The military hates Obama; if you want info, I'll ask a couple of people high up if they can give you info.

It is not me that needs a trip down reality lane.

Like the majority of Americans now; I do not approve of what the President has done.

Lets see what happens in Mass. tomorrow. Obama has fought hard in NJ & Virginia.

Unions: Back door billions and not the transparency he promised.

1. mikelong profile image61
        mikelongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Out of office, but never out of "service".

"The CIA & DOD are not doing more, I cannot give my personal source."

Your source?  I used to have a TS/SCI clearance....please...

The budgets for the CIA are largely classified...and with dope and gun money to boot, it is hard to tell what exactly is being done.....However, if one follows the trail of the School of the Americas and their graduates I'm sure a lot will be discovered... 

Note I have not mentioned the NSA......

"The military hates Obama; if you want info, I'll ask a couple of people high up if they can give you info."

I don't know if you have ever served in the military, but 1) there may be a collective conscousness called "the military" at the top levels that then could be said to altogether "hate Obama", but I guarantee not "all" military personnel hate him...

Secondly, having served my time, I have been able to see the "great minds" that often hold high rank in the military....from infantry units to intel....

There's a lot of racism, a lot of religious conservatism, and an overemphasis on the glorification of destruction.....

We would watch video of bombs blowing up, and people dying, and men and women around me would be cheering...laughing...having a good time....not all...but many.... Even when considering enemy combatants, those people may or may not have much control over their reasons for being there....to take pleasure in their death is psychotic......is sociopathic...

It's all good, right?

When in boot camp the Drill Instructors called out on those recruits who had formerly been gang members...."for all of you" he said, "you have just joined the biggest, strongest gang on the planet."

Good marketing tool.....

"Give us your gang members....and we will set them loose to shoot up someone elses neighborhood....for reasons that we cannot justify...."

But back to my point....

When I was in the Marines I would repeatedly hear from people with authority around me, beginning in boot camp actually with the DI's, that Republicans are the only ones who care about the military.... We got some raises when Clinton was in office, but when Bush came in we received raise after raise after raise...it seemed every three months or so another pay boost was coming....(while we didn't have to pay rent, for food,or for much really aside from entertainement purposes...i.e. squandering).

But these are simply ploys...gimmicks to keep the boys in line...to keep them doing their thing and not thinking about inequality and abuse of power.....  Bribe money more like....

With this said, I don't weigh the likes or dislikes of "the military" too highly....

Maybe this is because I served in the Marine Corps myself and saw firsthand the b.s. that is perpetuated...

"Like the majority of Americans now; I do not approve of what the President has done."

For many Americans "Camp of the Saints" would be taken as a reality....and for those many who have read it, there has been a lot of chatter.....

For many Americans fear and suspicion is a greater influence than reason.... My uncle continues to send out emails deriding Obama as a Muslim, and still stating that he was not born as an American....and my uncle is an influencial man....he has a mailing list of over 100 people...   Poor souls...

Many Americans have no clue about who their nation is, what it does, and how it gets things done...they will eat the bananas from the market but have no clue how they got there, or who's little hands were touching them just a few days before...we will watch our televisions, and not think about where they were made, or if those who produced these products have any ability of doing so for themselves....let us think of the maquilas in Juarez and other regions of Northern Mexico... And we will thank God that we live in this nation and feel good about ourselves for doing so, but often fail to realize that, for most Americans, their only fortune is that they were born here...they have not earned their spot as so many others do every single day...passing citizenship tests that many, if not most Americans would fail....having to learn a language, and be given stress by others, many of whom only speak English...and therefore are more ignorant than those who speak other languages but struggle with English...

False pride...

So, you can make these statements, but in the end they don't stack up to much.

1. earnestshub profile image81
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I found this to be very gutsy, honest.
          I am not an American, but this is the view I have formed from some of my educated and intelligent American friends, some of who have also served in the military.
          Well written I say! smile

2. rhamson profile image70

Mike, I feel that what you say will fall on so many deaf ears.  Many will write it off as unpatriotic and anti-American and never take the time to study the history of this aggressive war-making country.  The very business' that are profiting from these wars are making record earnings and are the only real growth industry that is a recession proof entity.

This country cannot and will not take an objective view of its' workings and criminal acts.  We develop puppet dictatorships to run other countries as we see fit and when the dictator crosses us we take him out and install another one.  The democracies are a sham and we spend billions of dollars propping them up with arms and troops to defend them.

What is it like to be an American?  Keep your mouth shut, vote party politics and pay your taxes till you bleed.

3. Harvey Stelman profile image62

Mike,

A 4F doesn't let one in the service. I agree with you completely when you sa; Many Americans have no clue about who their nation is, what it does, and how it gets things done."

I am going to pass your comment along and find out what is thought of it. Hope you don't mind.

4. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In the five months I have been here at Hubpages, that is the best post I have read.

14. Sara Tonyn profile image60
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

Shouldn't this be a hub instead of a thread? It's just an opinion.

That I completely disagree with.

Sara,

In time you will understand, read up on Progressives. That's what Obama is, his strategy is nothing new.

15. mikelong profile image61

I concur on all counts...

I think its time for a redefinition of what "patriotism" means.

16. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

Harvey, you're at it again! Gotta hand it to ya, friend! Seems like the Obama obsession has turned into the grandiose delusion of America.

DNF,

I do not fear pretty ladies. I'm also trying to get a higher up in the military's opinion. I do know that most military personel do not like Obama, 100% will not be reached about anything.

17. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

I think the *real* underlying message of this thread is that no matter who is in office, the past, present or future, the honeymoon will be short lived and there will be plenty of polls to prove points that who ever is in office has a personal agenda and is not doing the job the way "we" want.

I don't think this sort of constant complaining does a lot of good, really. It's easy to pick a scab and keep it sore indefinitely. There has to be a better way of approaching this country's problems than to pick at the scab of the American Presidency.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country."
    The aforementioned quote authored by another evil liberal democrat who many say was struck down in God's terrible wrath. [Whatever. Yawn widely.]

Dialog can be very productive. Constant complaining only makes us a part of the problem, not a part of the solution.

What about a thread that offers solutions instead bitch-sessions?

What are your great ideas to solve some of the problems this country and the world face?

1. rhamson profile image70

I agree and it is unfortunate that people pick up on an idea and reward the other side for their negative rhetoric.  Both sides have something to gain in their efforts to throw the other out.  They just search around for the right lies to tell us and manipulate the electorate to switch to the other slimebags.

I think that as more and more people become disillusioned with the tactics and results of their politicians)labors only then will you see any change.

Dan,

Obama does not believe in even discussing an issue. He has his opinion and there are no others. His Union talks were back door, no Republican's and he lied again. This was NOT on C-SPAN. Nothing he does is for the public to see.

18. mikelong profile image61

Not at all.

Is the 4f yourself?

Mike,

Yes it is, at least until my draft board was bombed. I am wheelchair bound with Multiple Sclerosis, but other problems are what the doctors cared about.

19. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Tic Tac anyone?  lol  big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)