Is Obama truly representing the Blacks?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (31 posts)
  1. prosmentor profile image59
    prosmentorposted 14 years ago

This morning, I woke up with this question in my spirit: Is Obama truly representing the Blacks?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Obama represents nothing except his own agenda.
      The black population in general would like to THINK he represents them (and he shouldn't represent anyone except ALL American people as a whole!), but honestly, he's one-track-minded and that's toward his goal of fundamentally re-shaping America for HIS "progressive" agenda.

Big case in point is his speech of just a few minutes ago from that Church in DC.
      A load of hogwash akin to blasphemy, spoken from a pulpit, no less.
      Sweet Jesus be merciful to this nation, because You Lord are our only hope for justice and freedom.

2. double_frick profile image60
      double_frickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'm sorry to inform you that that is not even close to his responsibility as a president of america.

if that is what he were doing, specifically, he would be doing an even POORER job than he is doing now.

but i guess in that respect at least he would be serving SOME subculture of american society.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He represents everybody

4. mintinfo profile image64
      mintinfoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blacks represent less than 15% of the population so if Obama was to focus on Blacks alone he wouldn't be doing the job of president very well. Is 15% of his attention on Blacks issues? I believe so.

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

As a leader, I don't think he can afford to shower favors upon any single group and shows great class that he chooses not to. smile

3. Unchained Grace profile image61
    Unchained Graceposted 14 years ago

As a Baltimore resident, I so that many of the African American population were very hot and heavy that Obama got elected. These days, I'm not hearing the same enthusiasm.

4. Unchained Grace profile image61

What I saw then was a great deal of enthusiasm. Great hopes. Great motivation. It's dimmed significantly.

1. greeneyesH1982 profile image60
      greeneyesH1982posted 14 years agoin reply to this

u still around unchained melody?

1. Unchained Grace profile image61
        Unchained Graceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unchained Grace. Close enough. I'm bouncing around trying out some ideas in the process.

yea forgive me im tired lol i havent slept yet BIG problem I have...

What's wrong? Not trying to get personal or anything.

oh I just meant not sleeping is a problem that I have lol but I sorta do have sort of a problem... but this isnt the forum to be talking in out of respect of course

Actually, my schedule itself is screwed up beyond belief in that
                there is a large homeless veterans ministry that Unchained Grace Ministries is involved with in conjunction with Holy Truth Temple of Deliverance as well as all of the promo, websites and marketing that goes with it. I'm fried and most times the sun goes up and down with me not even realizing it.

yep that sounds right about my life to.. my whole schedule is waaaayyy out of whack im starting to wonder if keeping my shades drawn at night play a part in this cycle of night and day.. I mean its easier to wake up if the sun rises and u get daylight pouring into your room right? instead of having them drawn i think it messes the sleep cycle up.. i dunno just a thought

It may help, but there comes a point at which something inside is pushing you and when it does, you don't even see it. There roughly 60 homeless veterans who depend on us for housing, food and a few other things. It is sometimes why I'll type something, hit submit and then see a whole bunch of misspelled words.

5. Unchained Grace profile image61

In answer to the initial topic, Obama right now has to worry more about his -50% approval rating. It may or may not have been
    a racial thing that got him in, but at this moment with the HealthCare Issues, Afghanistan and the fallout from the bailouts still looming, he's got some serious damage control to deal with.

6. lawretta profile image62
    lawrettaposted 14 years ago

HE IS 100% REPRESENTING BOTH BLACKS AND WHITES AND I APPLAUD HIM FOR THAT!

He's balancing it well, but I can tell you this. I live in Baltimore where it is predominantly African American population and when he got elected, those whom are African American were extremely happy. So was I, because I also voted for him. What I can tell you is right now? That has changed for many.

2. profile image53
      We Conservativesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm white and he isn't representing me or my concerns. You may need to scale that 100% down to about 45%, Then you would have an accurate view of who thinks he is representing them.

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I hope to hell he's representing all of us! Can the race crap man!

8. Ralph Deeds profile image64
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

For an intelligent comment on these political issues, read Frank Rich's NYT op-ed 1-17-10--

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/17/opini … ef=opinion

9. Marquis profile image67
    Marquisposted 14 years ago

President Obama should represent everyone, not just Blacks. But then again, to Black America, he is a proxy. Black Americans made such a deal over a 'Black President" since the Civil Rights era of the 1950s.

Of course, us smarter people know that President Obama protects his cronies and those who helped him. And all Black America does is look at his skin color.

Pathetic

10. Milla Mahno profile image60
    Milla Mahnoposted 14 years ago

Obama? Represents anything but big money? Gimme a break! lol

11. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 14 years ago

I agree. It would be obvious if he was representing the Blacks. This is why we have a check and balance system in our government, the executive branch, the judiciary branch and the legislative branch so that this can not and will not happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)