jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (23 posts)

How do you like the place you live in?

1. thirdmillenium profile image74
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

Village or town, jungle or city what do you feel about it?

1. theageofcake profile image76
      theageofcakeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I live in the suburbs in which I grew up - so not only is it quiet and boring, its also filled with people I don't want to see ever.

Suburban life is bad but city life isn't the greatest either.  I lived in Boston for 4 years and, while its great in terms of accessible entertainment, it also feels lonely in a way.  I can't adequately describe it.

I'm kind of reclusive, so I think it would be nice to live in a village or something in which there is a sizable amount of land but few human beings.  My first home was mildly secluded and in a fairly heavily wooded area, so I've still got this fondness for solitude thing going on.

What about you?

thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have lived in big cities and in dense jungles,  sparsely populated islands and on board ships. Frozen wastelands and scorched lands. Only deserts remain.

I call a small hamlet my home now. I am at peace and happy to be with a small community interacting with one another where week-ends  are always looked forward to, with the boys at the tavern with beer flowing and humor leading us to past midnight.

2. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No. I don't like it.

3. falcon64 profile image61
      falcon64posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I live in a City with full of Snow in Winter time.

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I live in a small city, I much rather live in the country but that is to expensive so not really an option for me right now.

3. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 6 years ago

San Diego is a pretty big city. But I do love it here. But like anyplace else it has its problems. But there is no perfect place , but this is as close to Utopia as I can get I suppose !

1. double_frick profile image79
      double_frickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i loooooooooove san diego. its one of my favorite places of the world. smile
      however, i live in sacramento, faaaaaaaaaaar from any semblance of utopia. more like the devil's a-hole, if you ask me. hmm

i guess some people like it. ??? i don't know how though. lol

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

4. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

It wouldn't be my first choice, or my second, but it works.  Actually, after being here for more than a decade, I am beginning to grow attached to the area.  The mountains no longer annoy me.

I live in a small town, that has very little sense of community.  Slowly, some of that is changing, as the town grows in infrastructure.

5. Jeffrey Neal profile image88
    Jeffrey Nealposted 6 years ago

It's okay for now. This is a medium to large city with its fair share of problems and then some.  I am tempted to move east in a couple of years.  It would be nice to live in an area with lower crime and a better handle on its racial issues.

6. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I live in the forest with a lake that way and more lakes forest n swamps the other way. Maybe see a wolf, bear, deer or porcupine. I lived in the city but am quite happy where I am now. smile

7. Christene profile image81
    Christeneposted 6 years ago

I live a short walk away from the Atlantic ocean. It's a beautiful place to live. A little cold right now though!  Brrr.

Lucky you (like lucky me)

8. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Love where we're at in the Arizona desert except that you can still see those darned human hovels in the distance and light pollution at night.

9. wychic profile image81
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I'm a small-town desert rat...grew up in the badlands, and now live at the base of the mountains. I love it here, though would much prefer to be back out in the country...hopefully in a couple of years I will be...but it's not the place for social kinds of people, or for people who can't find enjoyment in nature, or for people who want to find a decent job that has room for advancement. It's all good, that just leaves more room for people like me tongue.

10. Mama Sez profile image85
    Mama Sezposted 6 years ago

We live in the city but not exactly downtown area so  it is relatively peaceful.  We are near beaches, nature parks and shopping malls.  Love it!

11. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I absolutely love where I live in Melbourne. This city is modern, full of parks and animals, easy going and cosmopolitan.The weather is easy too. smile

12. Hovalis profile image88
    Hovalisposted 6 years ago

I grew up in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales. I lived in two towns, one very close to the Vineyards there. In fact, every second weekend we went out there as we had (and still have) family living in Pokolbin. A nice childhood, mostly, but was very glad to leave for the Big Smoke. In my case, Sydney.

I first lived in the inner suburbs, around the Newtown/Enmore area and loved it. Loved the vibe and how close everything is. I still miss living there. I moved out west to be closer to where my work is because the travel was getting to me. It's okay. I live in a fairly sleepy suburb, but the vibe isn't here, and the public transport sucks. I still go into the inner suburbs occasionally just to soak up the vibe to revive myself...and you can't beat the harbour. I sometimes just get on a ferry just to take the trip, forget about the destination!

Oh, and for the most part, the weather aint too bad. :-)

13. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 6 years ago

I live in a small town.  Its beautifully set in a shallow valley.  I am attached to this place because I have the best of 3 different worlds.  I only live 25 mins from the city if I need entertainment, but far enough away to be apart from city life, and only 25 mins the other way from lakes and beaches and my chalet.  I can wake up on any given morning and watch deer walk lazily past my house.  I didn't grow up here, but I am coming to fall in love with this place and not sure if I will ever leave.

Good for you megs

14. wrenfrost56 profile image82
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

I live in the countryside, near woods, caves, rolling hills and the moors. I am very lucky, I love where I live. smile

15. Sufidreamer profile image80
    Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago

I live in the beautiful Greek mountains amongst wonderful, friendly people. Ancient Sparta is just down the road, and Beautiful Helen of Troy was born in Pellanas, a couple of miles away.

I can have no complaints big_smile