jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

India needs orientation towards science and research.

1. multifunctions profile image60
    multifunctionsposted 7 years ago

how many times do you see a research and science topic in the news media. what is the set up for science and research progenies.

2. chinweike profile image47
    chinweikeposted 7 years ago

I think India is already doing well in the area of science and technology.

3. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Sorry for outgoing link, but this is one good read that you can't miss:  Gods and Rockets tale of science in india

1. multifunctions profile image60
      multifunctionsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks skyfire for the topic.

1. adite profile image69
        aditeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you're so right Multifunctions. India does need to be more 'scientifically oriented'. I think I will write a hub on this soon. Thanks for the idea!

2. Sally's Trove profile image98
      Sally's Troveposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That was a most interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

4. alexandriaruthk profile image52
    alexandriaruthkposted 7 years ago

all country, not only in India

5. SIVAGNANAM, V. profile image60
    SIVAGNANAM, V.posted 7 years ago

India needs orientation towards science and research.... If we go deep  into the history of ancient India, we can find scientific inventions, matching the present inventions. Aryabatta, the ancient Indian astronomer, conducted researches on planets and the universe. In his name, India's first satellite went into space. In medical research also a famous scientist conducted researches and invented medicines for almost all ailments.

We can find more researchers and scientists.... But they were not patronised by the governments of those times. And also they never cared to teach their findings to other people. If the education system was like that of today, all the Indian intelligence would have overtaken other countries. Instead of educating the students, they were taught obedience and discipline. There were no ways to free thinking for the ancient Indians.

working