jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Supreme Court: Companies, unions may spend freely to support candidate

1. rhamson profile image75
    rhamsonposted 6 years ago

WASHINGTON — A major ruling Thursday by the U.S. Supreme Court could change how presidential and congressional campaigns are funded, possibly opening the floodgates of money from corporations, labor unions and other groups.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dl … /100129922

We don't have a chance do we?

2. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Winner to the Highest bidder!
    But now it can be legal.

3. I am DB Cooper profile image66
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

Great, I was beginning to think special interest groups were losing their power. Now they can fit more politicians in their pockets.

4. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago

or...read my response on the other thread about this...is it one more chance for people to wake up and see that big money wants to run your life, and are they going to let it happen?

would you vote for a big money candidate or one that upholds theh US Constitution and Liberty?

its our choice...are we smart enough to make the right choice for freedom or continue to allow big money to control our lives?

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image79
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago

American citizens have to be aware of scenario. They are less interested in political activities. They do not also care for economic policies of the US government unless it directly affects them. This is a perfectly good situation for politicians and corporate giants to manage situations in their favor.

Vested interests prevail everywhere but it is particularly in America where only few knows that Federal Reserve is a private financial institute. All other countries have a central bank owned by government.

Polls in my hubs about economic crisis in America suggest that Americans are not financially intelligent. Some of my research shows that they are not politically aware.

Politicians and bankers exploit this type of situation and live in a safe heaven.

Will American citizens awake?

Think! Think! and think!

Jyoti Kothari

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

right on! jyoti  smile

6. mikelong profile image82
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

Plutonomy and plutocracy are simply reshowing themselves....this is the way the United States used to be...

A 'reawakening' of sorts....

To me it bodes very ill for this nation....while it states that unions will also be able to give freely, unions have less and less power all of the time.....the last bastions of the union, like the International Longshore and Warehouse Union, are being threatened by both the war on terror and globalization....

this new ruling needs to be immediately challenged..... and where was the media attention on this case anyway???  We only figure out after the judgement has been made??

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, most media are in the same pocket as the politicians...the big money pocket of handlers.

well people are waking up, and the citizens will not let their liberty go down the gutter with the politicians that can't seem to think coherently along Constitutional lines

www.wethepeople.org  or  www.givemeliberty.org   check it out

7. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I have been saying since I first got here.

There is NO LONGER any protection for America's citizenry against that of business and government in bed.

If you think you are safe? You're not. smile