jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Cradle to the Grave in 10 Days

1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Today the Irish Police have up graded the suspicious death of a 10 day old boy to a murder investigation, details on my Hub with the title above, what should the penalty be for child murder.........

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

death by poisons in snakes. slowly.

2. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This was completely unnecessary to bring out, when ALL the facts are not known.

It's just like tainting the jury pool, but flaming their desire for revenge.

I haven't read your hub, because when I first showed up to this forum, and your usual choices/patterns for forum topics, you could have been talking about anything. However, then I read your opening piece, I found you self-promoting your Hub, which from what I found out by reading other people's posts, that NOT even you had all the information necessary to form a solid reasoning basis for a response.

You jumped the gun. That's all I have to say on the subject.

2. theirishobserver. profile image60

Would really like to hear some considered thoughts on this topic.......

3. Greg Cremia profile image60
    Greg Cremiaposted 6 years ago

We have to get away from the idea of punishment and retribution. It is too arbitrary.

We need to start thinking more about protecting the weak and the innocent.

Violent criminals need to be permanently removed from society.

4. theirishobserver. profile image60

Greg, hear what you are saying, yet, billions are spent every year on prisons in our western democracies, yet we cant pay for basic child protecion facilities - thats the way it is here any way....plenty of prisons but no child protecion facilities.....most children that have been confirmed as being at risk are put back into the family home where they are being abused.....there are 5.5,000 kids in the care of the Irish State and most have never seen a social worker or other professional, no money, yet we spent hundreds of millions on prisons....I just dont know

5. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

I'd argue that we can pay for better protection for vulnerable children and individuals. However we seem far more capable of spending money on regurgitating endless piles of documentation and paying lip service to much of what is agreed on by Govermental departments.

The prisons would be far less stretched if laws were duly upheld and common sense was applied when it comes to judicial ruling. However, that is another area by which we let ourselves down.

Trust me, I have seen how easily stats are fudged in order to produce positive looking results. Now - I can feel myself becoming a little passionate so I will step away from the table, otherwise I shall end up feeling a little nauseous smile

Oh and what would I do? I'd apply the full weight of the laws that were in place in the area that the crime took place. Now were I the mother of the child - I'd give a different answer altogether.

6. jill-of-all trade profile image60
    jill-of-all tradeposted 6 years ago

sorry to say, and justified.........they will get what is coming to them when sentenced and confined in prison! Most do!!!

7. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

How can anyone have any thoughts on the topic? There is virtually no information on what happened in your hub. What caused the horrific injuries? Was the party related to the death? Will anyone be charged?

Let the police do their job.

8. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

You cut a hole in the stomach pull about 15 feet of the intestine out and tie it to a small tree, that way the murderer can see what the coyotes are having for dinner!

9. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

death by fire

10. theirishobserver. profile image60

cagsil, I am only reporting what the police are reporting, the jury will make the decision.....there is nothing in my Hub that is not reporting in the public media...I have simply gathered the information and reported in my own way......thanks for your honesty