jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Monsanto being kicked out of India

1. mintinfo profile image85
    mintinfoposted 6 years ago

One of the most morally dubious Claims made in Monsanto's recent _ newspaper advertising blitz was the assertion that the widespread use of food biotechnology is the only way to feed the world's poor. The corporation's argument went like this: millions of people currently go hungry in developing countries. In the future, as global population increases, this problem is set to worsen. Only high yield agriculture can possibly produce enough food to meet this increased demand. Therefore, quite obviously, only "biotechnology can feed the world."

Is Monsanto right? Do you know who or what Monsanto is?

2. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 6 years ago

I suppose they think the Indian and chinese ppl who developed the first rice steppes  have no clue how to farm and survive for thousands of years. Without MONSANTO the workld is Doomed to eternal hellfire and suffering . ONLY MONSANTO can deliver the ppl from the clutches of worldwide starvation and imminent death.if they're so worried about starvation why 'render' seed to die after first harvest... all money and fearmongering to get you to rebuy their seed product year to year instead of being able to plant your own from the last crop.

3. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

Monsanto is one of the worse things that are happening to humanity.
    And, as  the new 'fashion': It's all about money!

4. salt profile image66
    saltposted 6 years ago

that is good news....!!!!!

they are the company that is looking at genetically modified crops ..and selling terminator seeds to farmers, who then become dependant on them for seeds each year, with crop yields said to be less or substandard and the European market refusing any GM crops at all.

I do have a hub that I am researching to do with monsanto.

I havent completed it yet.

Read my Grapes of wrath hub.. that might assist.