jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Christians or Criminals

1. theirishobserver. profile image59
    theirishobserver.posted 7 years ago

The reported attempt by a group of 'christians' to remove 31 children illegally from Haiti is a worrying development......in Ireland for many years so called Christians took children into their care, we now know that these children were brutalised and raped by the same so called christians.....are these Christians or Criminals.......

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Both. wink

2. theirishobserver. profile image59

Mark....well that answers that...

3. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 7 years ago

If my understanding of Christianity is correct then I would say they are criminals and liars.

4. theirishobserver. profile image59

If you were caught taking a child out of Ireland without legal permission you would be classified a peadophile and you would face jail.....

5. Daniel Carter profile image91
    Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago

It's a mixture of criminal work and in some cases, pure charity. However, the laws are set up to protect the children (supposedly), and those who think they have "God's Word" to go with them are arrogant fools. There is no disgrace in following laws designed to protect the safety and well-being of others. So if they don't have sense enough to follow these basic laws, then let them pay the consequences. If their intentions really are good, then they need to be smart enough to keep following through until they are successful.

Food to Haiti, as of this date (2-1-2010) is FINALLY starting to be distributed by the way it was intended. Many lives have been lost. In so many cases red tape is the product of people who try to circumvent that which is good for others by abuse and manipulation, to their own greed and lust. Red tape just slows down their ability and unfortunately, the ability of those who also intend good.

6. theirishobserver. profile image59

Daniel, I tend to agree with your sentiments, this is all very dangerous stuff, even before this latest disaster 2000 children have been taken by criminals from the streets of Haiti.......

7. theirishobserver. profile image59

indeed more news on this....appears thee children were to be sold

8. theirishobserver. profile image59

the more I listen to this story on the news the scarier it gets

working