jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (21 posts)

Its pretty sad

1. 0
    A Texanposted 6 years ago

when legislation has to be passed in order to hang your laundry out to dry!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02 … theslines/

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

They had to actually pass a law cause homeowner associations are usually a bunch of nazi commandos anyway.  No body tells me where I can hang my boxers.

1. AnythingArtzy profile image81
        AnythingArtzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

boxers huh? smile

2. 0
    seasoningposted 6 years ago

seems a bit petty for sure......

3. LaVieja profile image60
    LaViejaposted 6 years ago

Lol! Be happening in England soon I'm sure. Who's going to enforce it? lol

4. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

Thanks for that Texan...looks like they are going to draw a Line in the sand...... smile

Actually, I think they're gonna hang a line in the air.  smile

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

This is crazy!

habee's right.  Face it, we'd never hang clothes on the line.  We're way to civilized.

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

You're in rare form today, Tobey!

7. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

This will drive the laundry community underground...forced to hang their drawers in dark alleys..needing lookouts for the panty police...Soooooo very sad.

8. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Freedom of expression getting crushed.

Freedom of choice getting crushed.

Freedom of life getting crushed.

No wonder why society is de-evolving in morality, instead of progressing forward, like it should be. yikes hmm

9. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 6 years ago

Nice thought, dumb execution - AGAIN.  Should have been working with the homeowners assns in the first place.  They could have jumped on the "green" ride and earned a lot of good will. Now MD is just going to spend a lot of wasteful time and $'s on a stupid bill that won't make any sense.   

We have a lot of "homeowner associations" around here.  I can just see them (and those in MD) saying no problem - then writing in rules like only between the hours of 5 am and 7am, and only in the back within 2 feet of the housing structure, etc.

10. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

If I lived in MD I'd be really pissed that lawmakers have time to put up such a bill!  Sorry, we couldn't get to the education bill because we got tied up with the laundry bill sad

Too many people have way too much on their hands when they start putting limits on hanging your laundry out to dry.

11. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

You can't do that where I live but you don't have to live here either. When you go to closing you sign an agreement that you will abide by the rules that are in place. If you never intended on abiding then you lied in which case you have bigger character issues than your laundry.smile

12. alexandriaruthk profile image53
    alexandriaruthkposted 6 years ago

why not save electricity and then as long as it is your backyard

13. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I personally do not hang laundry out as a matter of choice but I should have the choice!

14. yenajeon profile image82
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

I actually think I know where this started. There was a series of lawsuits I think a few years back; some old lady fell off her roller something because she didn't see a long laundry line (slung quite low) in her path!

Muy interesting Texan!

15. 59
    doejane1967posted 6 years ago

Hang it out anyway

16. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

It's hard for me to believe it was ever illegal!  to hang your clothes out.  Let's go green, let those boxers fly!

17. Has_aWayWithWords profile image79
    Has_aWayWithWordsposted 6 years ago

I think the point of this post is simply about the HOA dictating what a person can or can't do with their property. My take is this..

If I buy a property and I pay the taxes and am responsible for the upkeep and the payments then it is my property and as long as it does not have a negative health or financial risk for my neighbors then I can do what I want. The government and courts have begun to take the side of homeowners in these matters, for example satellite dishes were prohibited by many HOA but the government and courts have since ruled that homeowners have the right to use them, more suits are being brought now because of the energy products like wind turbines and solar panels. The courts and government are eventually going to tell HOA's that they do not have the right to prevent people from using technology to better thier lives and property