jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Iran Should Free the Hikers

1. wavegirl22 profile image50
    wavegirl22posted 6 years ago

Please read this and help get these 3 Americans home. They are rotting away right now in Evin Prison in Iran and soon will be brought to trial.

There has been no . . no contact with their families or anyone from the American Government.

Whether you think they should not have been where they were hiking, please before you make any judgements on that read . . and help them get home to safety.

2. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

The stove is hot yet there are those people who insist on touching it.

What should happen and what will happen is not up to us.

The World doesn't operate on a singular set of moral rules.

There are consequences to actions and ignorance is not a suitable defense.

3. yenajeon profile image83
    yenajeonposted 6 years ago

I know! I know!
    Why isn't CNN all over this with daily updates???

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Iran will do what iran wants to do! Dispite liberal beliefs, iran is a very dangerous and unpredictable. As long as it provides leverage they will use it.

Look the world has a whole lot of bad people not everybody is cool! Places like this need to be given a wide birth and keep them isolated. Stay away from unstable countries!

This was Bush's big mistake, he should have gone after iran and not iraq. We already knew we had iraq cornered. I'm sad to say I feel iraq was vengence for daddy Bush. Now we have a country capable of starting world war.

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Shari,

I see you started another thread. big_smile smile Good for you. smile

I figured I would stop in, say Hello! smile and see how your day was going? smile

1. wavegirl22 profile image50
      wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i just had to especially when i read about the uranium . . and the more i hear nothing about these kids the more I get worked up about it. . people in the forums are more concerned with what kind of coffee they each drink and so .. . i just needed to do this .. .

thanks for your support. . and always being there. . i just wish i could do more..

6. HiAchiever profile image59
    HiAchieverposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately, in most Muslim countries non-Muslims (kufr) are second class citizens without equal rights. It appears in this instance that the the three unfortunate hikers became pawns in a larger political game. I would not expect much mercy to be shown them.

1. 0
      sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Pray/meditate for them and their families. See I can be PC too!

7. ledefensetech profile image81
    ledefensetechposted 6 years ago

Iran should do a lot of things, but they won't.  They shouldn't do other things but they will.  So much for not meeting the open hand with a clenched fist.

8. ledefensetech profile image81
    ledefensetechposted 6 years ago

You weren't concerned when Obama tried to act all nicey nice to the madmen in Tehran?  Or when he dithered over sending more troops to Afghanistan against the advice of his commanders in the field?  Or that miserable excuse of a speech he gave to the Muslim world in Cairo?  The Muslims went and spit in his face and we're now in deeper trouble than we were a year ago.  The time to worry was then, when there was a chance to make a difference.  Now is too late.