jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (18 posts)

Nelson Mandela in Invictus

1. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

For my lastest Hub I have done a review of the movie Invictus which is about Nelson Mandela and the suth African rugby team, what is your view of Mandela......

1. 0
      snow_white88posted 6 years ago in reply to this

hi there.... i definetely know who Mandela is! I like to think of him as one of my very many grandfathers like Mugabe, Museveni, Gadaffi and Kaunda... as they are some of the prominent oldies on the continent: -)and I did watch that movie! I will read your review after this post.

2. theirishobserver. profile image60

Does anyone know who Mandela is?

3. prettydarkhorse profile image67
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

Hi Irish,good am,  He is an icon -- peacemaker and mover, fought against apartheid and a great president jailed for what he believes in. I have great respect for him

4. theirishobserver. profile image60

Hello pretty, have you seen the new film about him it is called Invictus...I have seen it and done a Review brilliant film smile

5. theirishobserver. profile image60

Anyone seen the film smile

6. theirishobserver. profile image60

Anyone see this film yet smile

7. theirishobserver. profile image60

hello smile

8. jenblacksheep profile image83
    jenblacksheepposted 6 years ago

I haven't seen that film yet but I do really want to. I'm hoping to go over the weekend or maybe next week. I'll read your Review later big_smile

9. theirishobserver. profile image60

jenblacksheep, thanks for your comment, I was begining to think nobody else went to the cinema, great film, great story well worth seeing smile

10. 0
    seasoningposted 6 years ago

it has been talked  about on hubpages for a while, since we have  a poet called invictus, and we were excited when we heard about the film of the same name coming out..... i will be seeing it, and i think most people know who Nelson is .....

11. kevin1877uk profile image62
    kevin1877ukposted 6 years ago

Off to see it this evening, looks good

12. theirishobserver. profile image60

kevin1877uk, you will enjoy it smile

13. kevin1877uk profile image62
    kevin1877ukposted 6 years ago

I hope so, going to see Edge of darkness first as I didn't get to see it last week then see Invictus, busy afternoon at the flicks lol

14. theirishobserver. profile image60

Edge of Darkness - the man who put the mad into Mad max is back smile

1. kevin1877uk profile image62
      kevin1877ukposted 6 years ago in reply to this

have you seen it yet? looks good, so many good films around at mo, well I better get ready and meet up with some friends who are going to

15. theirishobserver. profile image60

Seen it, loved it, Mel Gibson is the man, :)In this his 24 year old daughter is murdered......feel the anger.....

16. 0
    snow_white88posted 6 years ago

An ok movie.  personally I thought the movie could have been better. The story line- brilliant... but there was just something about the intensity of the time that didnt come out so much... i think they should have exaggerated it a little bit more!

working