"Palin SHOULD CUT THE HYPOCRISY": CNN

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (52 posts)
  1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image58
    fishskinfreak2008posted 14 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/02/11/r … tml?hpt=T2

She "should" SHUT UP & GET OFF THE STAGE

1. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the white house should stop responding to everything she says, after all, she`s just a private citizen!

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a condescending idiocy! yikes lol

3. profile image0
      chasingcarsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All you big government haters ought to check out what's happening in Colorado Springs.  They refused to pay taxes to keep up their infrastructure, and they have a minimum police presence, no garbage pick up, etc.  If government is reduced to the extent the conservative crowd wants, we will become a third world nation (actually, their spending on war and refusing to spend on their own country for the last eight years has pretty much done that.)  I visited Russia before and after the iron curtain fell and  I have witnessed first hand how investing your nation's wealth and youth into war reduces a country into a dismal state.   Here's an idea:  why don't you amateur pundits allow scientists to take care of science, economists to take care of the economy, and learn about what is actually happening from someone other than political hacks before you vote next time?  A democracy is not for ignorant sissies.

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

assuming that economists should take care of the economy is a rather foolish statement.

First off, Economists don't all agree. Austrian economists vs. Chicago School vs. Keynesian vs whatever will all give different answers.

Second, Economists shouldn't be in charge of anything - business owners and entrepreneurs are the ones in charge of the economy - economists study the economy, the people in the economy run it.

Third, all the info I can find on The Colorado Tax Cuts just say that they lowered the taxes, cuts are being made widespread, but nothing relating to it causing problems, and nothing relating to the private sector picking up the slack.

I'm sure they'll do what they want- no need to insult 'em

2. profile image0
        LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever been to Colorado Springs? Its a beautiful and peaceful place. I have seen no problems caused by their low taxes.

4. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. Sarah Palin has done everything but Govern. She dropped out of office over something that any other person in our government would have passed of as unimportant.

She is nothing more than a publicity hound. And, I wish she would just go away. but we all know that isn't going to happen.

1. commisioner profile image61
        commisionerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sarah dropped out of office because she cares for the people of alaska. she did not want to have them pay for legal bills mounting up by false accusations brought on by the left. over 1/2 a million bucks of legal fees she paid out of her pocket because people lied about her. she also could not do her job as governor while spending so much time in court. no private citizen i can recall has scared the left so much as this one little lady.
        i truly hope palin/rice 2012 becomes reality.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
          Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If she promises to "care" as much for us in the lower 48 as she does for Alaskans, I could possibly get drunk enough to vote for her.

She is frightening to the same degree that Bozo, Krusty, Nellibelle, and other assorted clowns are frightening.

2. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Everyone should shut up and get off the stage.

The Government is completely shut down right now due to snow. It's a nice break from all the fighting.

Neither side is doing anything that helps anyone.

And all the Political Pandering from both sides does nothing to help Americans.

Nothing will be fixed until both sides start tackling the debt issues.

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image58
      fishskinfreak2008posted 14 years agoin reply to this

DEBT, DEBT. You must be a Republican.

1. Sab Oh profile image56
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What does that mean?

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
        Evan G Rogersposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He COULD be a libertarian

3. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

I'm an independant.  I vote for whomever I think is the best candidate.

The reality is that the Debt in the United States is past the equilibrium point.

Until people recognize that our monetary system is being shored up by lies there can be no recovery.

And Palin is not an elected official so what she says means nothing. Her opinions are as valid as anyone elses from any walk of public life.

It makes no more sense to attack her for her views than to Attack Howard Sterns for his.

There is no issue here at all.

Free Speech applies to all.  Whether you like them or not.

1. Ivorwen profile image66
      Ivorwenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

1. profile image0
        Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep again.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

Absolutely agree.  If she is able to spout nonsense to be gobbled up by a room full of morons and make 100K in the process, I say more power to her.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A room full of morons? She doesn't give speeches to Democrats.

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good mornin Tex smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
          prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hehehe, ATexan your new avatar is nice, I like your hair, big wavy curly

1. profile image0

You still need a haircut, and quit posting glamour shot pictures if you want to be taken seriously in a political discussion.

3. profile image0
          Madame Xposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60

That is correct, hence the reference.

3. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point!

4. profile image0

Free speech  may apply to all, but a democracy thrives on free speech motived and directed by a good mind, sadly lacking in the conservative camp.

But liberals have "good minds"? Is that your position?

4. profile image0
    Madame Xposted 14 years ago

Yep.

5. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Howdy, how is y'all?

1. profile image0

Forum tired and ready to sleep soon

Weather good there?

God I miss Sugarland

it's cool I'll be moving back but outside of Houston somewhere aside from Fort Ben County - I was arrested there - no white people - what a ride lol

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Forum tired, I get that way every once in a while. Take a few days off and you'll get over it, its better if those days off are of your choosing.

Come on back to Texas, the more the merrier!

1. profile image0

cool

6. mikelong profile image60
    mikelongposted 14 years ago
    1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

is she a bird? just kidding...

2. profile image0

I always defer to celebrities when I want to know how to think about our govt. Next time I want to know what to think about Obama I'll see what Neil Diamond or Petula Clark say smile

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol This actually gave me a good laugh...Well said, although I *do* think some celebrities do better than others about being informed about important issues.

1. profile image0

smilesmilesmile

7. mikelong profile image60

Who is defering?  I have my views of palin, which I have shared abundantly..........  However, when it comes to John Cleese, his opinion I highly value....

He is a human first........a thinking mind...that is the prerequisite needed..

1. profile image0

Who cares what he thinks. His opinion is no more important than anyone else's. Just because he's John Cleese and famous doesn't make him an expert on anything. If you had put up a link to a video of an average person that agreed with you and said the same things as in this video everybody would say the same - so what?

8. mikelong profile image60

Well, if you project that I agree with Cleese based off his celebrity that is your own thing........I respect the man's mind.....he knows politics, he knows society......having watched Monty Python most of my life I appreciate the perspective of the man.......

Also........for a stage performer........which is all Palin is...a poor one at that........I like the view of one critiquing the other....

John Q. Public doesn't know much about this........

1. profile image0

Hey, I like Cleese too. But I could give a rat's ass what anyone who's "famous" thinks, even if I agree with them. Their celebrity automatically makes them suspicious, IMHO.

2. Sab Oh profile image56

"John Q. Public doesn't know much about this........"

But you do, right?

3. profile image0
      Ghost32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah, Monty Python...now THERE'S a compilation of the wisdom of the ages!  lol

I do rather like the continuing viewpoint among those who disapprove of Mrs. Palin.  You know, that she's, uh, mm, not got much goin' on?  Underestimating her skills, insights, dedications, and depth of qualification in many areas relating to leading--whether a town, a state, or a nation--that's a good thing. 

Sort of like Sonny Liston underestimated Muhammad Ali, clear back when he was still Cassius Clay.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60

I guess there is some similarity.  Ali had his rope-a-dope, Palin's style could be described as dope-for-dopes.

9. mikelong profile image60

Wow, you have taken an interesting tack in terms of representing yourself here.....I don't understand the defensiveness in your tone........

My views are my own....and yours will not affect them...it is as simple as that..

Exercising your futility today?

1. profile image0

No need to get sarcastic. . .

I'm sorry I came across as defensive, that was not my intention. As for affecting your views, I wouldn't dream of attempting to do so smile

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You did not come across as defensive, at least not for me. May be my ESL of course lol

1. profile image0

Thank you Misha - Good to see you around smile

10. mikelong profile image60

Thanks for the clarification. 

Here's some fun....though slightly off topic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJSey8HRUhU

1. profile image0

HAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the laugh smile

11. jiberish profile image80
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

Ann Couter said it best, she said Obama taunts about the jobs he created while “She’s created at least 11 jobs fact-checking at the AP just for the Palin autobiography."

12. Shlomo SL Abrin profile image60
    Shlomo SL Abrinposted 14 years ago

Alaska is unique in that any citizen can file an ethics complaint.  I have no doubt that some of those claims are entirely fraudulent and based upon either political or personal vendettas. Alaska is full of anti-social misfits. It's why they go there!

However, to say that ex-Gov. Palin's time and money would be spent answering specious claims of ethical misconduct, and therefore 'forcing' her out of office, is just plain wrong. The governor does not have to personally respond, nor does she have to appear in court unless a review board finds merit in the accusations.

Sarah Palin isn't too bright and she isn't quite moral, but she knows a lucrative opportunity when it arrives. She has some star power in certain circles and there is no reason she should ever let that go to waste. America is not a land of substance, but of celebrity. Even if she had half a brain, no one would notice.

I am an atheist who preaches birth control and sexual awareness and, would you believe, all of my grandchildren have been born in wedlock. My wife and I are raising a special needs child (my nephew) and have to wonder how Sarah Palin, while claiming to be raising Trig, is every day somewhere else giving a speech or interview. My nephew keeps us close to home and very busy.

How long have you lived in Alaska?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)