jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

1. 61
    wtf-pizposted 6 years ago

THE BIGGEST LET DOWN OF ALL TIME.  hey obama beef up medicare so people can get necessary surgery and call it a day.  you are hiding behind it too long their is much more to do.. mainly helping ,for once , the middle class.  oh yeah are we having trouble getting the lobbiest out of politics?  i wonder why

2. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Who knows if he'll be biggest of all time or not.  He's one guy... and congress plays the biggest role in creating laws.  The president can influence and steer but he is not the creator of law.

I am definitely not an Obama fan.  All he does is talk.  His actions never match his words.

Many many many things wrong with the proposed health care bill.

Just one example.

If you are declared disabled and not able to work you have a 2 year waiting period until you can apply for medicare.

That is the current law.

Neither the House or Senate Bills on the table do anything to address this.

So you become disabled and you can not apply for medicare.

Now that's a brilliant cost saving measure!  Let them die!

3. mikelong profile image83
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

Mike.........doesn't social security disability insurance cover the individual worker during this period?  That is my understanding...

In terms of Obama being the biggest disappointment of all time........T think too many people have forgotten where we have come from....

Disappointment was found during the election of 2004........not only because of the lack of choice between the Republican and Democratic candidates (dumb and dumber) and because "dumber" won..........

Presidents are only individuals.......and it is up to the lawmakers to live up to their end of the program.........but the Democrats are running away and the Republicans are getting ready for their new rounds of deregulation and Presidential investigations after they win back the legislature later this year........if we think we are seeing stupidity now, just wait a little bit.......

4. EFPotter profile image60
    EFPotterposted 6 years ago

Presidents can't do a whole lot if the congress doesn't back them--the US was constitutionally set up to work that way. I really hate when people say Obama isn't doing anything, because he is, and he's trying.

He's lifted some of the restrictions on stem cell testing, which some may call a bad thing, I call a good thing, but either way it's an action. He put the health care bill out there to be made--what's in and out of it is up to congress!

Obama isn't the biggest disappointment of all time. He isn't even halfway through a first term yet, and he's been working hard. Do some reading up on Presidents, it'll do anyone who says a single President is worst ever, be it Bush, Obama, or John Adams.

5. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago