jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Obama released his own Healthcare Proposal

1. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Finally, a proposal with his name on it.  It's 11 pages.  Cost about 1 trillion $$$.  No specifics.  Doesn't say HOW he's going to accomplish anything but does claim it covers everybody.  The CBO can't even score it due to the lack of information.  It does mention new taxes 35 times in 11 pages.  Obama has a great mouth, to bad he doesn't have ears.  Could someone explain how this is 'wonderful progress' as Chris Matthews claims???

2. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Oh great, another trillion dollars that we don't have nor does the Big Zero have any idea where to come up with that money except in the form of taxes.

And Matthew is a tool and very strange, does he still get that weird sensation up his leg?

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

God, that expression creeps me out.  Yeah, he obviously does.  Matthews is so sweet on Obama makes me want to eat a biscuit to get the taste outa my mouth everytime I hear him.  He damn near slobbers.

1. 0
        A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Got himself a man crush on Obama.

3. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

No specifics is right.  All he is doing is trying to rile up the public... but it's not working.  He's using a proposed rate hike at one company as his rallying point.  So what?  If they get too expensive then companies drop them and find another insurer.

Obama is trying to take crappy legislation then remove the most offensive parts to force his own personal agenda through.  When the right approach would be to scrap it and come up with good legislation.

Case in point:

These quotes from an Associated Press Release Feb 22nd.

"Only 32 percent of Americans say Congress should move soon to pass a comprehensive bill, embodied in the House and Senate Democratic legislation and Obama's new plan. That was the finding of a poll released Tuesday by the nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation."