jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

Perhaps the Government Should Hire 2nd Graders?

1. MikeNV profile image77
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

How hard is it to count?  Apparently it's pretty hard. Most 2nd Graders are pretty good at counting, but apparently "Congressional Econimists" are not.

"WASHINGTON – The economic stimulus law added between 1 million to 2.1 million workers to employment rolls by the end of last year, a new report released Tuesday by congressional economists said."

So which is it?  A 1.1 million job discrepancy.

And people think the Government can manage Health Care?

Congressional Economist?

2. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

Don't like the way Governament is run? Run for office yourself.

1. 0
      A Texanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You mean we can't bitch? Our only alternative to incompetent politicians is to run for office ourselves?

Nah, I'll just bitch!

1. 0
        Denno66posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sure, you can bitch; I never said you can't, but, hey, bitching doesn't get you closer to ground zero is all I'm saying...

1. 0

I respectfully disagree!

1. 0

I think the entire system is broken, myself. There is no way to repair it at this point in history. I merely state that in order to really know what's going, you have to be on the inside. I wouldn't run for office if someone was holding a gun to my head, quite honestly.

1. 0

I have a theory about term limits, matter of fact if you read the Vince Flynn novel of the same name you may understand how term limits can be quite effective!

1. 0

That is a steak I can sink my teeth into! Two terms for Senators, and three for Representatives sounds good.

1. 0

I think you should google Vince Flynn and termlimits to get my meaning.

3. MikeNV profile image77
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

How is my running for office relevant to an inability to be accountable to the people?

1. 0

Don't knock something you yourself have not tried.

2. pylos26 profile image75
      pylos26posted 6 years ago in reply to this

To repair the inability to be accountable to the people. Wouldn't one think?

4. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

at least I can send my grade school aged children to the store with a list and a 10 dollar bill and get the correct change back.

working