jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Conservative Language?Turdblossom

1. 0
    chasingcarsposted 6 years ago

Turdblossom (turd blos' um) n., alt -ese, adj. -ian. 1. the standard language spoken in American conservative discourse 2. language derived from classic propaganda, emotion-laden discourse, and wedded to neo-conservative buzz words 3. instigated during "Teflon" Ron Reagan's era and refined by Bush consultant, the eponymous Carl Rove (aka, Turdblossom) 4. based in magical thinking 5. classical Greek derivative of sophistry 6. Texas derivative of bullshit 7. Brit derivative of shite 8. Fox News derivative of fair and balanced reportage 9. Though the language is richly figurative, the predominant trope is irony, which exists in a blind spot for those fluent in the language . [phoney Texas slang meaning "fart" or hot, smelly air; pet nickname given to Rove by his president and "boss"]

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What dictionary is that from?  You publishing your own?
      A liberal must've coined that word, just like they coined the word "homophobia"...

I use the word "hogwash" quite often.  But it really IS in the dictionary...

1. 0
        chasingcarsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Publishing my own?  Absolutely.  Someone needs to.  Conservos made up the whole danged language.  I am just trying to interpret it for, you know, sane people.

1. Sab Oh profile image60
          Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You know what would be great? If you started a half dozen or so threads that are essentially the same single theme you keep repeating over and over. That would be so fresh and interesting!

2. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

big_smile lol big_smile

3. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Oh Gee, another liberal liberal, go figure.

4. torimari profile image80
    torimariposted 6 years ago

Haha, but the word in itself is pretty funny. Even if it were about liberal propaganda I'd still have a giggle. xD

5. 0
    Denno66posted 6 years ago

Sounds like a Martini. big_smile

6. 0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 6 years ago

Turdblossom... big_smile I'm gonna remember that word. Won't remember what it actually means, but I'll remember the word. big_smile

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's a picture of a turd blossom called Karl Rove on one of the previous threads on this topic.

7. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Well, everyones here and so liberally tolerant too.big_smile