jump to last post 1-32 of 32 discussions (170 posts)

Commingling of Races

1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 6 years ago

Should races "commingle?"
    Offer reasons for your replies.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image71
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What was the point of fighting on the beaches of Normandy unless everyone gets to have that right subsequently

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm perhaps the purpose of fighting on the beaches of Normandy was so American GIs coould 'comingle' with french babes.. Never thought of it that way before....

1. qwark profile image60
          qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Doug.
          Ya wanna do that?
          I guarantee ya should try S Beach, Miami fla.
          Totally topless beach. Imagine a fine young thang topless with nuthin' but the bottom of a string "thong" on the bottom!
          Inspired? lolol

2. Sab Oh profile image59
      Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wasn't there another thread exactly like this? Why do people feel compelled to start dozens of threads on the same subject?

1. Pandoras Box profile image83
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Man yer such a critic.

3. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think two forums on the same topic is creepy or opportunistic and cheap.

1. Sab Oh profile image59

I agree! Recently some dude started at least half a dozen threads on evolution and it really seemed odd...

4. 0
      Ghost32posted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Should" is a word for which I care very little--too many people "should all over themselves" constantly.

However, within the constraints of the thread:  Sure.  Having been raised on a beef cattle ranch and having studied livestock breeding in some detail at one time, I'm quite aware that crossbreeding is often the surest, quickest way to instill vigor (among other benefits) in the next generation.  My favorite "cross" in the "cow category" is roughly 3/8 Brahma with...anything.  Add a good shot of Brahma blood to Charolais, Hereford, Angus, you name it--and you've got one helluva critter.

Don't see why the same genetic concept shouldn't apply to humans.

From what I understand, the Texas Longhorn was the product of crossbreeding that worked out pretty well.

2. prayzpoetess profile image59
        prayzpoetessposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Refreshing!

5. qwark profile image60

I love to go to the "Bahamas," Puerto Rico," "Santa Domingo." where the people are the result of so many ethnic groups.
      The ladies are absolutely gorgeous! That's why I visit...:-)
      Just my opinion; what beautiful people would be produced if "All" ethnic groups could conjoin!
      Hallelujahhhhhh!

1. 0
        china manposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There may actually something in this - places like these, and in my opinion most especially St Helena, which did not even start with an indigenous population, are really beautiful people, men and women both.  They also seem to be be generally 'nice' people, inquisitive and open minded and almost all good intelligence (as my observation against others that I know and myself).

Maybe we are all faulty models like pedigree dogs that are prone to inbreeding problems, maybe when we are all melted back to the original style model we will be better people.  Only worth thinking about maybe because it seems that all the problems everywhere seem to stem from a 'special' group, whether they are racist, sexist, homophobic, religious moralisers, majick peddlers, drug . . . . . . and the most enclosed group of all - the super-rich.

I might be inclinded to agree, but I wonder if this line of thinking isn't a kind of racism in its own right...

1. 0

clearly NOT racism - you are confusing racism with sexism.

No, but thanks anyway.

6. aware profile image71
      awareposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you mean like nascar and the tour De France ? Armstrong would have a tough time beating Jeff Gordon in that one.

7. marcel285 profile image82
      marcel285posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course!! And seriously, who isn't going to agree here..No one likes to be called a racist. But fact of the matter is, people are racist!! And it's because ppl don't understand one anothers cultures. It's fine not to understand, but that's where the racism comes in, in a way that is a lot like conflict of opposing religions.

8. LeslieAdrienne profile image81
      LeslieAdrienneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are you seriously asking this question.....Why? Who cares.....

9. ledefensetech profile image80
      ledefensetechposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's no such thing as races.  We're all of us, human.

There are races, but we are all still human.

10. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes

2. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Human beings are all of the human race. When they fall in love, other concepts of race are irrelevant.

1. qwark profile image60

Write:
      Excellent response!  ...:-)
      Of course, I agree!

1. calpol25 profile image77
        calpol25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi qwark

Hope your ok.

In my view love is blind and when love is concerned we dont colour, race, religion or anything because we love that person for being them.

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Cal:
          Amen to that! couldn't agree more.
          I'm fine....thanks for asking.
          Hope you are too..:-)

I love it!!!.....send KLEENEX!

3. taganisted profile image78
    taganistedposted 6 years ago

We're all the same colour on the inside.

1. qwark profile image60

Tagan:
      Wonderful atitude!
      I'd like to see all humans a nice mix of all ethnic colors...:-)

1. calpol25 profile image77
        calpol25posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Im fine thanks qwark have just discovered twitter its really good gonna post some of my hubs on there lol see you soon.

4. TheGlassSpider profile image80
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

If they want to, why not? There doesn't seem to me to be any reason not to. People are all people. *shrug* I don't understand the reasoning of people who think otherwise...but apparently, we're all in agreement here...for the moment. smile

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

big_smile

5. 0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, there are no separate races. We are simply human. This actually brings to mind an interesting thing I read yesterday.

Did you know that every person's skin is a combination of the same four colors?

Near-surface blood vessels add a blush of red. Pigment adds a yellow tinge. And, melanin, which is caused by ultra violet rays, gives skin a sepia tone. In large amounts, melanin can appear to be dark brown or black.

If you took away the blood vessels, the pigment, and the melanin, guess what color we all are underneath? We are all a creamy white color.

So what do the separate races actually mean? To me, it just means they have a bit more chemicals in their skin than I do, doesn't make them a different race. We're all just human.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're right. The concept of race is flawed. There is only one race as far as I'm concerned--the human race.

Amen! In a strictly secular meaning of the word of course.

AMEN!!! And I don't mean it in a secular way.

2. Pandoras Box profile image83

Didn't know that. Interesting.

6. Sab Oh profile image59
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

There are obviously different races. Being inclusive and accepting doesn't require us to deny the obvious. It's a little childish to think pretending there are no races will improve race relations.

7. 0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

Well said, Sab Oh.

8. mikelong profile image82
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

There are ignorant people out there who will purport that race is real biologically speaking..........and there are those who will agree with them who are likeminded....

This is unfortunate, but the reality of our world...

Yet, there is hope through the youth...for while the older folks may keep attachment to their "racial" comforts...their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren can be conditioned to understand otherwise (the reverse conditioning that was done over the past 300-600 years of European-related development).

What has been constructed is being deconstructed over time....and I'm loving watching the walls fall down...

"There are ignorant people out there who will purport that race is real biologically speaking.........."

Yes, and some of them are doctors and medical researchers working on finding treatments for ailments that afflict people of certain races more often and in different ways than others.

But screw them if they get in the way of a simplistic but satisfying political notion, eh?

2. Pandoras Box profile image83

Yeah I can wait until the bigoted old farts die off.

1. Friendlyword profile image60

So sad to say; there will be alot of bigoted young farts to take thier place.

Not so many, I think. And um.. what was I gonna say?

Oh yeah, I said I "can" wait. lol. I meant I *can't* wait.

Lol. LOL LOL happyface happyface. LOL

Nevermind. Just ignore me.

That's true! I think they will be so outnumbered they will probably keep their opinion to themselves.  But, the few that rise to power will still do alot of damage.

Of this I am sure!

9. mikelong profile image82

Show me the documentation where these doctors and researchers support your views of race.....

Would they agree with your judgments?

Certain races.....no....certain populations from certain specific places....the emergence of recessive traits based on things like interbreeding of populations over time....

Reality Sad

Nothing is as simple as some people's politics wants it to be:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/editor … d_illness/

And I for one would rather not see anyone of any race suffer unnecessarily just to satisfy some yahoo's political agenda.

"Would they agree with your judgments?"

Judgements? What judgements?

3. TLMinut profile image59
      TLMinutposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why is it sad? Race was the first indicator of things a doctor could look for, it was a quicker way to find what disease a patient may be suffering from. Tay-Sachs for Jews, sickle cell anemia for blacks... Yes, we now have more information and 'deeper' ways to discover these things with DNA/genetic testing. If everyone is mixed, it will take more tests to find out what someone may have. Trials and research are still being conducted to be able to tell when a woman is having a heart attack because they present differently in women than men.

Pretending all people are the same in all ways devalues our  differences! Skin color alone can't do too much but at least it's one obvious indicator of a person's genetics.

As for "co-mingling", culture would be a more important factor than race I'd think. Two white people from very different cultures may not do as well together as a white and a black from the same culture.

10. 0
    china manposted 6 years ago

The argument about races is not so simple I think.  The only reason that races are commingling at the currently high rate is because of economics. The black population of America is mostly there through economic reasoning, the movement of the European populations is through economic reasoning, almost everyone in America is there for the same reason.

Global business and its trading religion, Christianity, runs most of the big governments and would have us all the same; quietly behaving consumer units living in consumer unit houses and buying predictable consumer goods. Nothing is standing in its way, forests are levelled by companies protected by their governments, and countries levelled for the control of oil and profits.

The idea of one big brownish happy family is attractive on the face of it (pardon the pun) - but racial tensions do not start with colour or race - they start with denigration of one person by another for some kind of gain. Everyone could be sky blue and there would still be separation and division. Also diversity is a key component of evolution, the more diverse peoples there are the better the chances of survival. Maybe more important is the ability to look at our culture, race, grouping, gender, etc., better if there is a different model out there to compare against.

11. mikelong profile image82

90% of the population of Louisiana is legally black....though a great percentage of that population doesn't look it...

European populations did not all come to the Americas for economics...or at least not as their sole purpose...

I agree with you China man concerning tensions having their root in the "denigration of one person by another for some kind of gain"...which is why European society prior to contact with sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and the Americas was marked with intense divisions and the dominance of plutocracy....

Though race can diminish, the real conflict...of class, will remain...

This is why "race" is so ridiculous...watching people bashing each other down...people of the same social strata waging war on one another...only hurting one another, while they guys on top are insulated from it all, and can play both sides...as they have always done in the United States...

The drive towards unionization in this country illustrates all of this very clearly....

"The drive towards unionization in this country illustrates all of this very clearly...."

Oh brother...

Of course, every topic is really about unionization and the Mexican-American War...

...yikes...

2. qwark profile image60

Mike:
      Racism will never end.
      Racism and religion will continue to "fragment: humankind and as population increases, tensions will mount to the point of fanatical anarchy.
      I wrote a hub about reducing human population.
      Doing that with a well reasoned plan will take much too long and would require socialization that cannot be realized.
      The only other means would be a catastrophic nuclear holocaust...which, by the way, is the most probable of the two.
      "Commingling" is not gonna produce any meaningful result in ref to human relations.
      There's not enuf time left for humanity to sexually interface and create a product which would unite all.
      The "doodoo" is getting deeper and deeper!

1. 0

China has managed to contain their population - the social consequences have been pretty predictable and criticised inside and outside China.  However I read that more than 80% of Chinese agree with the one child policy in general and that is about what I find among my Chinese friends here.  So it is not impossible.  The biggest single issue is that commerce and government want more people to enlarge their dominion, it could be an almost accidental function of the human need to repfoduce that they see themselves as so important that they want to increase. The opposite would be true for balanced peaceful lives and for populations to grow where there are resources and diminish where there are not.

"I read that more than 80% of Chinese agree with the one child policy in general "

Nearly 100% understand what happens to those who go on record as opposing official policy.

1. 0

Yet another pointless and badly thought out quip comment.  The one child 'policy' is the law around here - I guess nobody round your neck of the woods pays attention to the law? Or is your problem that this is a law in another country that you, with your amazing world knowledge of Youtube, don't agree with.

"Yet another pointless and badly thought out quip comment."

Why "badly thought out"?

12. mikelong profile image82

Sad...I am glad you post...I'm glad that everyone here can see how you operate...

What a joke.

Are you going to indulge your need to throw around insults again young man? I though we had already been over this.

Yeah, he his a joke.

13. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Is everyone simply overlooking the FACT that everyone is human?

Irrelevant of skin color and/or gender. Each one is human, before they are considered anything else.

The entire human race DNA structure comes from the same pools. Regardless of Country, Origins or anything else for that matter.

How many different pools of DNA are compared- to classify the entire human race? Something like 6 or 8. I'm not exactly sure, but then again, we're all human beings.

Just a thought. smile Have a great day. smile

"Is everyone simply overlooking the FACT that everyone is human?"

Has anyone claimed otherwise?

2. 0

You are right enough - but the race issue is about social divisiveness and domination, we make others different so that we can put them down. The most clear example is the division between American Black and White. It is really hard to enslave another race, or go to their country and kill them, unless you make them somehow less than yourself. So you are right, and the divisions are artificially made for the reasons that Mikelong is trying to explain unsuccessfully to Sab. Sab is promoting the opposite view through ignorance, he is following the media line that he is fed in his enclosed imaginary world, where he gets his information from Youtube and the web, and he clearly has little real-life experience. This is also the situation of the majority of people who don't really have time or inclination to worry about 'issues' and so allow their views to be shaped by the media.

" Sab is promoting the opposite view through ignorance"

Exactly what view am I promoting now?

"and he clearly has little real-life experience. "

I can understand the young fella, but there is no reason for you to feel threatened.

1. 0

Why would you think I feel threatened by your asinine comments - now if you had some actual views and something to actually say I might think about the possibility.

I would think you feel threatened because of silly comments you've made  like "and he clearly has little real-life experience. " when you know that to be untrue.

You don't have to agree with me, but you don't have to get nasty about it.

Oh, and could you answer my question about what 'view' I'm promoting?

Man, you need to grow up!

1. 0
              lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hey girl, just chill, it's only a forum.  We are all on the same side but can be debate things big_smile Thank you

3. Pandoras Box profile image83

Always good thoughts from you Cags.

14. mikelong profile image82

Of course Sad.....as you like it...

That must be why you visit my hubs so much..

15. mikelong profile image82

"Yes, and some of them are doctors and medical researchers working on finding treatments for ailments that afflict people of certain races more often and in different ways than others" (Sad).

Sad and sadder still.....

If you didn't believe in it, you wouldn't use the word in your own writing, especially with this connotation...

And then there is the question and whole orchestration of defense that you are presenting....

I'd like to play you actual, plysical chess Old Man Sad (since you insist on emphasizing my "youth" and your knowledge based on your superior years of experience)...

You can run from your words, but your aged legs can't keep up with the spryness of youth.

"Yes, and some of them are doctors and medical researchers working on finding treatments for ailments that afflict people of certain races more often and in different ways than others" (Sad).

Sad and sadder still....."

What is sad and sadder still? Sad certain populations would suffer unnecessarily because medical research doesn't meet a childish political correctness test? How very humanitarian.

"If you didn't believe in it, you wouldn't use the word in your own writing, especially with this connotation..."

Believe in what?

What word?

What connotation?

Don't be coy.

3. Sab Oh profile image59

"I'd like to play you actual, plysical chess Old Man Sad "

Gosh, that would be swell... roll

16. mikelong profile image82

**applause for Sad Oh****

Take a bow, you have earned it.

Gee thanks, now could you answer my questions please?

17. 68
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

commingling of any diverse genetic pool nearly always enhances the species.

That's sounds good. But I'll never forget the first truly black Woman I saw. Or the first red headed white man I saw. I think it would be a great lost if these people became extinct.  But that's not a possibility for hundreds of years I hope.

18. Pandoras Box profile image83
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

If they want to, yes. I wouldn't say they should. I suppose you refer to marriage, right? Or do you mean integration? Integration, yes. Marriage or cohabitation, that's their business.

19. Sab Oh profile image59
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

As I have mentioned before, people of mixed racial background are the fastest growing demographic in the US.

20. Sab Oh profile image59
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

People always talk about the 'racial problems in the US' but the fact is that we are miles ahead of the rest of the world in real tolerance and willingness to discuss (ad nauseum) the topic, and in really living together as well as humans can be expected to.

1. 0

Where do you get this supposed fact from.  Nobody else in the world believes this except you it seems.

"Where do you get this supposed fact from. "

From my experiences with peoples from every corner of the world. (yes, I know no one has any experiences but you ~)

1. 0

that will be the online world then. Get a life, you are viewed as among the top five least tolerant societies.

I've never been to China, but from what I've read, religious intolerance is an issue there. Certainly the Tibetans would say so. And perhaps the Uigars as well. China is not exactly a paragon of human rights. Moreover, it seems to me misleading to compare racial issues in the U.S. whose heterogeneous population is composed of immigrants of many races and religions from all over the world with China whose population is, as far as I know, much more homogeneous. China is not in a good position to point the finger at the U.S. or other countries on human rights issues. What is the source of your claim that the U.S. ranks in the top five countries for intolerance?

Good points there.

2. 0

Hi Ralph - sorry I missed your post earlier

There are many religions practised without any issues in China. Many are Buddhist and some Taoist, I have seen a few Catholic and Baptist churches. It is against the law to prosyletise but ok to BE what you want without any restriction.

The Tibetans all still practice their religion as far as I know - the issue there is that the religion was the state beforetimes and so there is conflict between the Chinese authorities and the monks who of course are headed up by the Dalai Lhama in exile.  I really do not know too much about Tibet as I know many Tibetans here in China who say they are happy enough at the situation generally - but theylive in China itself so . .   I expect to visit Tibet next summer and will make a thread of what I see with my own eyes.  The Uighers

China is made up of (I think) 46 minorities or races and all the religions are here but yes - they have been together a vastly longer time than the US and it is not the same situation.

China is not pointing any finger at anyone else over Human rights through my posts - that is just me and my opinion, I put what I see and my opinions openly in my hubs.

I see good in many places and say so - but I am only verbally attacked if I say anything good about China.  If anyone wants to comment on what I see here then I usually comment back on what I see there - it is about comparison. If someone wants to argue human rights in China - I like to point back at human rights in that persons country - or what that country is doing to other countries. Nobody is clean and it is never simple.

Intolerance - this is just my opinion from everyone I come across, America is not high on the list of favourite countries at the moment. Many people outside the States are appalled at what the US with the UK, have done in Iraq, and all the history in between back to Vietnam. The New Orleans thing put your standing down big time outside of the US.  My students here in China discuss Tibet and Taiwan and point at all the countries where we are active right down to our own home-grown Welsh Liberation Army !  I use the same arguments with them that I use on these forums - shit happens but it is how we deal with it that really counts.

Most Americans agree that Vietnam and Iraq were serious mistakes. Skepticism is rising about Afghanistan.

How do you feel about the working conditions in Chinese factories--does China have anything remotely equivalent to OSHA, the U.S. wage and hour law that provides for 1.5 pay hours over 40, and the right to organize and bargain collectively? Do Chinese workers have any means of redressing unfair treatment in their workplaces? Last I heard they don't. My impression is that Chinese workers work long hours for very low wages in unhealthful, unsafe conditions in plants that are polluting the world's environment. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that.

BTW, your English is quite good. Are you Chinese or an English or American expatriate?

" I really do not know too much about Tibet "

If you talk to anyone who trusts you enough to speak freely (and after making sure no one else is listening) you'll get an earful. If you just blow through the tourist spots, probably not.

1. 0

where do you get the idea that I blow through anywhere - this comes entirely from your own jaundiced view. 

I give my opinion from contact with real people and real conversations - and I only give my opinion when I have some information that may be worth sharing.

why do you insist there must be someone else listening in - this is all in your own head - for the record I have done a few things in my life, other than sit online as you appear to have done, and I can tell you from personal experience that EVERYONE is listening in and watching - and everything we write or say over the phone goes through 'security' computers in every country that pick out keywords where the right ones prompt an 'operator' to look at you.  Get a life and stop trying to infer that I am under some kind of duress here and that people cannot speak freely. 

I daily give open, free and university monitored lessons where the subjects of discussion are Tibet, Taiwan, Xingjiang, the Dalai Lhama, Iraq, Afghanistan, the oil economy, the economy of Africa, western free trade economics, without any hindrance or comment.  You should come to one - maybe you would learn something about China.

"where do you get the idea that I blow through anywhere "

I didn't say you would, I said if you did

"why do you insist there must be someone else listening in"

Because when you are in Tibet - especially as a foreigner - there will be.

"for the record I have done a few things in my life, other than sit online as you appear to have done" "You should come to one - maybe you would learn something about China."

There you go again. We've talked about this...

2. Ralph Deeds profile image68

NPR today has been featuring Chinese Internet "Human Flesh Search Engines." From what I gather this is a form of on-line vigilantism which is catching on as a way for ordinary Chinese people to shine the light on corrupt local government officials or other behavior they frown on such as the woman shown on videos stomping a kitten to death with her stiletto heels. Lacking laws, police and courts for dealing with issues that concern them, according to the NPR report, they are taking things into their own hands using Internet and video exposure as a weapon.

Here's a link to an article on the development--

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/03/human … gilantism/

I would be interested in your views on this practice, ChinaMan, if you have encountered it or even heard of it.

3. Sab Oh profile image59

" The New Orleans thing put your standing down big time outside of the US"

The people outside the US who thought we could control the weather must have been very disappointed.

4. Sab Oh profile image59

" they have been together a vastly longer time than the US "

Yes and no

5. Sab Oh profile image59

"There are many religions practised without any issues in China"

As long as they are state-approved and practiced within PRC guidelines. The situation would not be accepted by people in the US or the UK.

"that will be the online world then."

Wrong again, Mr. Polo.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As much as I don't like to get in "discussions" with TK/Sab Oh I will bite.

Yeah...us Canadian's are so far behind the enlightened of the US... I mean a policy of multiculturalism, two official languages. I guess the Underground Railroad was just a blip.

Racism does exists in Canada but it's a kinder, gentler racism smile

There are places worse or as bad as the US, but you certainly can't claim that the US is ahead of everyone in the world in tolerance.

"Racism does exists in Canada but it's a kinder, gentler racism "

Yeah right  roll

That's not what I hear from many people of Korea and/or Chinese origin who have lived in big cities there.

If you want to call it even I'll allow that much, but it still remains that in the US we discuss, deliberate, and agonize over the subject more.

21. mikelong profile image82

Sorry, you misunderstood..

"Sad" is my pet name for "Sab-oh", also a.k.a. TKSensei...

"Jew" is not a race...it is a religious and cultural group. There are many Jews who derive from people who accepted to follow the religion of Judaism, and share no lineage to Jewish people. This is also remembering that Jewish people themselves only reflect the specific people of the southern Kingdom of Judea (2 tribes of Israel) following the split between the the 12 tribes...the northern Kingdom of Israel....history has largely lost them...at least as I am aware..

Genetic diseases are, if I am not mistaken, largely the result of inbreeding, when recessive traits that would otherwise remain dormant, become active....I know that there are exceptions, but do point to Tay-Sachs, which is recessive based.. Let us also remember that "Jews"...more properly Askenazi Jews are not alone victims of this mutation...how would Southern Cajuns suffer from this disease as well?

DNA has only proved that there is virtually no distinction between human beings.....

"White" and "black" are social constructions made to divide people who had more commonality politically, economically, and socially than those who wrote the laws and created the terms and definitions....

What is the definition of "black" in the United States?

To have to check the 'African American" or "Black" box in an official form, how does one qualify?

""White" and "black" are social constructions made to divide people who had more commonality politically, economically, and socially than those who wrote the laws and created the terms and definitions...."

And you don't care who has to die to promote that poltical position...

...what a humanitarian...

22. 68
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

I think it really sucks when the mix the 50 meter race with the 100 meter race!

23. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

mike, yes I know the Jews aren't really a race, or at least I don't think so. And that specific disease is one highly prevalent in Askenazi/Ashkenazi? Jews for whatever reason. If the reason is inbreeding though, that would point to differences in people because otherwise, wouldn't the recessive genes be in others as well?

Black and white are not only social constructs, they're visual. But skin color alone can't tell enough, my grandfather was so dark (native American) that people were surprised that I had a "black" relative because I'm white enough to be called literally white. Or used to be.

What box to check? My grandchildren are registered with their tribe and have the smidgin of indian from my side as well so what do they mark? White? And ignore a large part of their ancestry? I used to think this was mostly America that was so mixed but as I study more history, I hardly see how we have any diversity left in the world! Here we humans are trying to make everyone the same and scientists are fretting over the decreasing diversity in the rest of nature...

24. mikelong profile image82

Dark skin tone and lighter shades of skin tone exist...we all know this...

We also know that this is directly proportional to where one lives in relation to latitude...

Race is not "black or white"...but the identification of something that does not exist along the selection of certain traits and characteristics that are deemed "approved" while others are not....

Referring to my question about the "white" or "black" box selection...

A "white" person can only be brought down by the finding of "black" ancestry...1/37th..I believe...  Wheras a "black" person who's relatives are "white" remains in the lowered state...whis is, again, specificaly the differentiated treatment of people based on a set of official or unofficial laws derived by elites who desired a divided labor force....

"White" and "Black" were equally indentured servants before the institutionalization of slavery in the United States....and cominling was common...as was the running off of Anglo-colonizers with Native American peoples..

Laws began popping up in the late 1600's.....things started changing......and one group of indentured servants became slaves while the other grew to become, in part, the overseer/pattyroller class.....at least in the agricultural use of slavery...

If you knew "Jews" were not a race then why did you try to state otherwise?

I am reading your words, but I don't know quite what you are seeing..

In other words, race obviously exists just as people with common sense know it to. Some PC-zombies think they are scoring points by trying to play with terminology in a childishly simplistic manner. There is no need to consult the radical lefty dictionary in order to treat people with respect and prevent the kind of discrimination that is already illegal in the US.

It's nonsense

25. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

Oh brother.

26. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Everyone on the planet has Red blood flowing through their veins, if you know otherwise - hollar at me...

Some have blue.

Well, some veins are anyway...

27. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

I was very fortunate to go to a school with just about every race represented.  My friends were from all different races... Chinese, Japanese, Black, White... whatever.

I couldn't imagine a life where I had to spend it with only people who looked exactly like me.  I would have missed out on so much.

I'm surprised this question was even allowed to stay posted as the implications of the message it conveys are so anti human.

I wasn't so fortunate as you. I went to a totally segregated school in Louisiana, grades 2-12. And in college in my freshman class of 1,800 there were only two blacks, one girl and one boy who was a football star and a scholar.

2. qwark profile image60

Mike:
      I posted this very relevant question.
      Why do you think the premise is "anti-human?

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
        Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can't speak for Mike about 'relevant', but I was amazed that the question was posed  since it implies there are legitimate arguments that we should NOT intermingle races.

1. qwark profile image60

Doug:
          To my way of thinking there are no legitimate reasons not to...but then, in many "races" and religions, sexual/marriage comingling is taboo.

Which ones?

3. TLMinut profile image59
      TLMinutposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you can't imagine living with only people who look like you, wouldn't it be better not to have everyone mixing? When everyone is mixed to medium brown and has all the same attitudes, no dissent allowed such as biases, opinions based on different life experiences, or any spiritual or political beliefs that differ from the standard, discrimination will be worse. Kind of like the society in Ayn Rand's book Anthem. No individuality allowed.

28. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I read through about half of the responses, not enough time to read them all. I will say that I think the term Race was created by the European. I see only nations, like my ancestors were here in N America, many nations. I am of Cherokee blood and we are all human beings.

1. 0
      Madame Xposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile

29. TLMinut profile image59
    TLMinutposted 6 years ago

I can't think of any reason NOT to mix races, oh wait, races don't exist, right?

Anyway, I can't see why not but I don't think it should be pushed as a way to show one's political correctness and tolerance. If someone chooses to be with someone of a different race, it's a non-issue. If they choose not to, no matter how deliberately, it's still a non-issue.

1. habee profile image90
      habeeposted 6 years ago

I have no problem with interracial marriage - more power to them, as love truly is color blind. I do, however, enjoy cultural diversity. I've had white friends, black friends, Hispanic friends, Native American friends, European friends, and Asian friends, and I love something unique about every one of their customs and traditions! I think the world would be boring if we were all just alike. Of course, I guess we would still have cultural diversity even if we were all the same color?

1. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image61
        Dee Dee MonSherieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You would have to really love a man to marry him if he is color blind, genetically speaking, if you also have color-blindness that runs in your family as well, your children would have to deal with their color-blindness all of their lives, had to even play video games that have color challenges, etc.

2. Dee Dee MonSherie profile image61
      Dee Dee MonSherieposted 6 years ago

I suppose I would notice if we were co-mingling species, that is a disaster illustrated in nature, but humans are all the same species, so no, what could possibly go wrong with that, well, if the man is 6'4" and his wife was 4'0" she would have a hard time in the birth process maybe, but with medicine today, it could be overcome, but people in love can conquer physical issues of all kinds, yes?

3. Will Say Plenty profile image60
      Will Say Plentyposted 6 years ago

Sure . . . 'cause all the same color inside . . . then again, I am fixed because I believe the planet is already overpopulated.  That's why some gold-digging b***h can divorce a guy and get a real estate license with his alimony money . . . because we keep popping out kids and everyone needs a place to live.

working