Did President lie about his weight in the report on his physical exam?

1. Ralph Deeds profile image68
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

"The Unbearable Lightness of Leading" by John Kenney in the NYT 3-7-10

One oddity of the report: Mr. Obama weighed 179.9 pounds with his shoes and workout attire on, which is not the usual way to measure a patient�s weight.

� The Times, March 1

KATIE COURIC (in studio): �What�s the president hiding?� This question from senior members of the Republican Party, who are outraged tonight at what they�re calling the president�s �purported� weight. In a hastily called news conference, the Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell, said he would call on Congress to convene a bipartisan panel made up entirely of Republicans to investigate the president�s weight:

MITCH McCONNELL (at news conference): This president claims to weigh 179.9 pounds. How do we know that�s true? He wore shoes and workout pants and a jacket and a T-shirt and some kind of presidential undergarment. What is that garment? How much does it weigh? How do we know that he wasn�t wearing long underwear to add bulk to his delicate frame? Why is this administration so secretive when it comes to its own weight? � �CBS Evening News�

For the rest of Kenney's hilarious spoof click on this link--

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/opini … amp;st=cse

1. deldal profile image60
      deldalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ralph, thanks for posting this.  I read the article this morning with my coffee and promptly sent it off to my friends so they could start the day with a smile.