jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

"Obama delays Asia trip TO DEAL WITH health care": Yahoo!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago

Web-site/URL: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100312/ap_ … h/us_obama

SADLY, this is beyond his control now because CONGRESS makes the laws and the president only CARRIES OUT the laws and asks Congress to pass laws that he favors, BUT THIS CONGRESS DOESN'T SEEM LIKE IT WANTS TO DO ANYTHING ON HEALTHCARE REFORM.

2. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

He doesn't have to delay his trip, he could just throw this bill out and start over! Perhaps he could consider doing something that would ACTUALLY lower costs and what the hell, maybe even constitutional too!!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
      fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like what? Sticking with only MEDICARE and MEDICAID? THAT SYSTEM IS BROKEN

1. 0
        Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Actually, those aren't constitutional either. Health care isn't a right, sorry. I shouldn't have to trade MY freedom for YOUR wellness. Read what Obama's cousin wrote about this health care bill. I posted here in the forum.

3. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

"Pelosi said it appeared a second administration priority, far-reaching changes in the student loan industry, would be added to the legislation."

It's 2,700 pages and growing.  Full of Pork and growing.

This is a throw everything in the world that Obama's Secret behind the door agenda wants.  Then try and force people to vote for it before it can even be read!

The masses are now seeing this bill as a dangerous FRAUD and LIES bill.

Student Loans have NOTHING to do with health care.

And this is EXACTLY why Obama is dividing his party.  He's a joke. His whole administration is a joke.

Obama is just asking to be impeached.

=================================================
    Like what? Sticking with only MEDICARE and MEDICAID? THAT SYSTEM IS BROKEN
    =================================================

You are proving the point.  If the Government can't manage the existing programs... how are they going to manage additional programs?

The Government has proven one thing already:  They can not manage health care.

They continue to demonize the Health Care Industry.  Which I will point out again this simple fact:  In 2008 Kaiser (One of the Nations largest Health Care Companies) lost over $700 million.  Did anyone complain then?

There are abuses for sure... mostly tied to States that allow Monopolies.  But the vast majority of insurers are working to provide quality care now.

Mandating people pay ... when they won't be able to will not change the quality of care for the better.

People can buy insurance now.  Forcing them to buy it won't make it better... it will make it worse.

And having insurance doesn't make one "healthier".

working