jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Obama's Energy Policy Carbon Cap And Trade

1. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

Looks like global warming may solve itself soon if you can believe this report on peak oil production. By 2014 production will begin to decline even as demand is rising putting the pressure on prices. Add to that the tax Obama plans to apply and oil for many will be unaffordable.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/201 … stspredict

Think of all the things that require petroleum in their manufacture, storage, and transportation. By 2050, we will be extracting half of the oil we're extracting now! All this will be happening while the world's population is expanding with estimates ranging from 16% to 70% more people on the planet by then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:World … 0-2100.png

Okay so how do you think people will be living 50 years from now? Will there be a return to an agrarian society with people growing their own food and utilizing the sun and wind to generate their power needs?

1. kerryg profile image89
      kerrygposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might find this site interesting: http://www.futurescenarios.org/content/view/27/46/

2. sannyasinman profile image84
      sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Power Elite have already thought of this. If they get their way (and they always do sooner or later) there will be plenty of resources for everyone.  There will be no shortage of oil or anything else, and the Earth will be a place of abundance and plenty.

Trouble is, there will only be 500’000 people left to enjoy it, as they will have reduced the world population to this manageable number.

So no need to worry about the future – we don’t have one!

1. Arthur Fontes profile image90
        Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Have you read the message carved into the Georgia Guidestones?

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
        2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
        3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
        4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
        5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
        6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
        7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
        8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
        9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
        10.Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

1. sannyasinman profile image84
          sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I have, but somehow, I don't think that I will be one of the 500'000.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image90
            Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I doubt I will be one of the 500,000,000 either.

2. mikelong profile image82
    mikelongposted 6 years ago

Cap and Trade needs to pass....

Companies like QTWW,who are on the brink of doing something incredible, will thrive if this can be done......and, this company alone (not to discount others) will provide thousands of new jobs....enable to development of new infrastructure nationwide (more jobs), and increase U.S. cutting edge technological development....

You will see a 60 to 70 cent stock go huge...

1. EmpressFelicity profile image84
      EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cap and Trade is a con.  I can't believe anyone is falling for it.

Creating jobs out of such legislation is almost certainly an illusion - you might create jobs in one location, but at least as many will be lost in other places due to a reduction in people's disposable income (due to the fact that they're being taxed to the nines).

2. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Many companies are on the "brink" of doing something incredible. Passing legislation that gives one industry an advantage over another is not right for America. The specific company you are praising has been on the "brink" since 2002.  8 years of R&D and nothing that will significantly change the world.

You know as well as I do that the state of our economy should be our number one concern and Cap and Trade will destroy many more jobs than will new industries create.

3. MikeNV profile image75
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

Obama is a fraud.  Like everything the Government Puppets are doing it is not about helping the people it's about CONTROL and making the already Wealthy Elite even wealthier.

Once oil runs out there will be a wind tax, or a tide tax or a...

The whole Global Warming Agenda is Cap and Tax.

The United States Government recently approved offshore drilling leases nearly $2 Billion worth to drill in Virgin Waters off the Alaska Coast.

The Government doesn't care about the Environment.  If they did they would be promoting policy that protected the Environment not shifted profits to the Wealthy.

It doesn't matter if you do or do not have Cap and Trade to the Oil Industry ... either way they will get their money. They will just pass along the costs to the consumer.

Cap and Trade... Global Warming... it's all just allocating "Tickets to pollute" to those who are willing to pay the price.

You are either going to protect the Environment or you are not.  Take the money out of the equation and none of the current supporters would be supporting any of it.

In 1972 we were told by "Scientists" that we were running out of oil.

And on it goes.  Fraud, Lies, Deception as the powers that be chase after more money.

4. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

Government does not create jobs unless they expand government.......

Private sector creates jobs.

Cap and Tax is simply another way for the tyrannical central government to get more control of an individuals rights.

5. 0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

Well you will create jobs.... on Wall Street!!! Carbon credits is already the fastest growing commodity traded! Based in London the rest of the world is already making billions trading carbon credits and Wall Street wants a piece of the action! Actually I believe Goldman Sacks already has a trading desk in London, but adding the US to the market is a chance to really increase profits!

And you're right it's a scam of the highest order! The UN is the one that places the "carbon value" on green projects around the world based on estimates of how much carbon will be saved. Of course there's no way to know if that carbon will ever be saved. It's basically a derivative like the Credit Default Swaps used in the mortgage that lead to global economic collapse!

By the way the estimated carbon savings are so minuscule they can be counted the same as if we did NOTHING!

This is another transfer of wealth scheme only this time we're taking from the poor to make the rich, richer!

6. mikelong profile image82

Look up QTWW and see what opportunity is waiting to blossom..

1. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I fail to see how Cap and Trade will help them, unless the UN is going to grant them credits that they can sell.

7. Ralph Deeds profile image69
    Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago

Cap and trade is a great idea in theory, but from what I've been reading it isn't working so well in practice because there is no effective mechanism to assure that the projects sold to polluters are actually doing what they are supposed to be doing. Some may not even have gotten off the ground. The Wall Street Banksters are supporting cap and trade because they expect to profit from it. That alone is enough to make me suspicious of it.

8. mikelong profile image82

Not only would they have credits to sell, but their company, like their Fisker subsidiary, will grow tremendously to fill niches that gasonline-based automakers will be unable to rapidly fulfill.

QTWW just acquired a major manufacturing plant on the East Coast....and is almost production-ready...

And, it is nice to have an American company, as opposed to a foreign corporation, bulding here...But, aside from this, they are developing the technologies that other companies will be wanting to use... GM can make their cars and such, but QTWW has the drives......

Also, QTWW, aside from being behind the Fisker car (which I am referring to in the above portion of this post) and military special forces vehicles, they are developing hydrogen, solar (they own Asola Solar), and other energy-creating technologies that will then be in even greater demand...

And 60 cents a share goes from there..........

They will do well regardless...they are at the cutting edge of their field.