jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

Healthcare HAS PASSED the House

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
    fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago
  2. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Yeah, its a real terrible thing; freedom of expression!

1. fishskinfreak2008 profile image33
      fishskinfreak2008posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Healthcare should be A RIGHT

3. 60
    foreignpressposted 6 years ago

It's over. Finished. This country is now in the toilet. The founding fathers of this country are crying out for revenge -- in their graves! There will be payback in November. Count on it.

1. Paul Wingert profile image79
      Paul Wingertposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Get over it. Our founding fathers would cry if they saw how things got so screwed up now where the government has to step in because the private sector can't do it. Times has dramatically changed from 200 years ago so leave the founding fathers out of it.

4. donotfear profile image91
    donotfearposted 6 years ago

Don't remind me...............!!!

5. The10DollarMark profile image60
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

There's already a topic for this. Let's try to keep it all in the same place.

6. Superman05 profile image60
    Superman05posted 6 years ago

Glad to know we've taken a step closer to valuing the lives of all Americans... the rich, the poor, and those from all socioeconomic backgrounds.

1. Aley Martin profile image83
      Aley Martinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are 35 million people who have not been able to access healthcare. Its about time!

7. The Dix View profile image60
    The Dix Viewposted 6 years ago

And in the weeks that will follow, the air will clear,the dust will settle and all will see that the Sun will still rise, The US will still be a democratic country, and theworld willgo on.  But millions will soon get insurance, which in the end will lower premiums and increase the quality of healthcare.  And no, our founding fathers will not spin in their graves, their spirits will rest happily in teh knoweledge that the framwork, (and that's what the Constitution is, framwork) is still working.  Of course, they may question what Health care is because it didn't exist in the 1700's.  Back then I think leaches comprised health care.  I guess we could have given out 35 million leaches, but I think the new bill is a better course of action.

8. 0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 6 years ago

Does this mean free health care will be available for everyone?

Sorry, I'm not too good at following politics and the website you provided doesn't really give much information about what the bill actually IS.

1. 60
      foreignpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is so massive that nobody knows what is in the healthcare bill that passed. Even Obama doesn't know; he admitted as much. And there are still several add-ons that are being discussed. But the guts of the bill have passed. Obama will sign it early this week. As far as how it applies specifically to you, there are several news sites, like MSNBC, CNN, etc.,  that discuss that in drop-down boxes. You'll have to Google it. Basically, people with preexisting conditions cannot be turned down or charged extra which is what the insurance companies are famous for doing.

1. 0
        Pani Midnyte Odinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, foreignpress. I will definitely be doing some research about it today.

9. JON EWALL profile image50
    JON EWALLposted 6 years ago

Recognize the fact that our congressional politicians had to be bought off to get their votes in order for them ( the majority party and Obama )to pass the health care reform package.

Yes history was made , the world now can see that money and power is the American way.

The constitution is under attack for all to see. The CBO score was fraudulent,because the CBO was not given all the information necessary to tell the whole true story.

Washington politics exposed the way, the only way to get things accomplished in the Obama plan.

10. 0
    Madame Xposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't have used the word "passed" exactly . . .

1. TheGlassSpider profile image80
      TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't have used the word "healthcare" exactly, either... wink

1. 0
        Madame Xposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HA HA smile